IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New One small problem:
On my display, there's a line break between "eCS Upgrade" and "Protection" in the menu. This leads to "Protection" appearing too far to the left, on a level with "Home". Now, I know I use an unusually large default font on my browser... But OTOH, I have a 1280-pixel wide screen, and the browser window maximised; so I'd think this could occur for people with lower screen resolutions too, even if they use a smaller font.

Maybe you should consider putting in a [br] tag and some $nbsp;s in between "eCS Upgrade" and "Protection" in your code? Anyway, I'd recommend you try out your site with a lower screen resolution (or fake it, by just not maximizing your browser). Not that I foresee you'd find many problems, apart from the little one above.

On the plus side, I notice that the "Prices" link is now visible in the menu from all the product and sub-product pages -- good! (You didn't want to give the impression that your stuff is so expensive you'd rather not even show the prices near the products, now did you? :-)

Again, HTH!
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
New Re: One small problem:
On my display, there's a line break between "eCS Upgrade" and "Protection" in the menu. This leads to "Protection" appearing too far to the left, on a level with "Home". Now, I know I use an unusually large default font on my browser... But OTOH, I have a 1280-pixel wide screen, and the browser window maximised; so I'd think this could occur for people with lower screen resolutions too, even if they use a smaller font.

Yes, I'd seen that one already too. I'm not too sure what I can do about it. If I try to use definition lists, the indenting breaks after one level in in Mozilla. If I use non-breaking spaces and the line wraps, it wraps back to the extreme left hand side. Sort of a screwed if I do, screwed if I don't deal...

Maybe you should consider putting in a [br] tag and some $nbsp;s in between "eCS Upgrade" and "Protection" in your code?

This is not so simple... That would mean that I'd have to parse every element that I pull in from the .web.server[website][2] environment object for spaces, and then decide whether or not I should replace them with &nbsp;'s... can't do it in the index itself as it could screw other programs that are using that information. This would probably punch on performance a bit, and coding it would also be a pain in the ass. I may not have any choice, though... <plaintive>why isn't there anything in html for handling tables of contents in a more reasonable way? (Un)ordered lists are just too crude... I may have to go with them eventually though:(

Anyway, I'd recommend you try out your site with a lower screen resolution (or fake it, by just not maximizing your browser). Not that I foresee you'd find many problems, apart from the little one above.
On the plus side, I notice that the "Prices" link is now visible in the menu from all the product and sub-product pages -- good! (You didn't want to give the impression that your stuff is so expensive you'd rather not even show the prices near the products, now did you? :-)

Heh... well, I gave that some though, and if I need to shorten it down as the website grows over time, I can easily put the check that kept the page list to the active folder only back in. It's currently embedded in a comment in the program, so it'll be easy for me to do it if I have to. In the meantime, I can let it be promiscuous about how many pages and from where get displayed:)

Again, HTH!

Indeed it does! Thanks!

--
----------------------------------------------------------
* Jack Troughton jake at jakesplace.dhs.org *
* [link|http://jakesplace.dhs.org|[link|http://jakesplace.dhs.org|http://jakesplace.dhs.org]] [link|ftp://jakesplace.dhs.org|[link|ftp://jakesplace.dhs.org|ftp://jakesplace.dhs.org]] *
* Montr\ufffdal PQ Canada [link|news://jakesplace.dhs.org|news://jakesplace.dhs.org] *
----------------------------------------------------------
     Req: more website testing... :) - (jake123) - (8)
         Horkio? - (pwhysall)
         Looks fine here -NT - (drewk)
         Just peachy here on Moz 0.9.7 Win32. -NT - (Meerkat)
         Looking good, Jack! Win Mozilla 0.98 -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Re: Req: more website testing... :) - (jake123)
         One small problem: - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Re: One small problem: - (jake123)
         Looks good in Galeon. - (bepatient)

I can only take so much at one sitting!
30 ms