IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: "The Wild Wordsmith of Wasilla"
"It’s admittedly a rare gift to produce a paragraph in which whole clumps of words could be removed without noticeably affecting the sense, if any."

Priceless.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Hey Im gifted :-)
New Re: Hey Im gifted :-)
That's the thing... anyone who speaks worse than you write has got something seriously interfered with in their head.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New dunno, she sounds like most women I have met
New I hope
That comment was directed at the women you have specifically met and not all women in general.
New both :-) /me flees!
New You better run
Because next summer, I'm gonna kick your ass. :-)
New lookin forward to it :-)
New You say that now.
But I have skills. I will take you down and have you crying for your Momma.
New You hang with drunks
New And as far as Palin goes
She is a talking vagina puppet on a stick, used in a feeble attempt to draw in other voting vaginas.

They didnt count on our vaginas being smarter than hers. And they didnt count on our vaginas revolting against her winking, you betcha, flute playing, shout out to third graders, hypocritical, god fearing, folksy, joe 6 pack, joe the plumber, abstinence preaching, chastity belt wearing vagina.
By gosh by golly.
New Thanks! You!
You have just summed up my argument with Boxley.

One question: Does she have the ability to step up to dealing with the Middle East and the Sexist Men over there? Or even Japan?

What do you think?
New Oh hell no!
She'd be winking so much they would think she had a tick disorder.

I do not like or trust that woman. And normally I would support any woman running for office simply on the grounds that she is a woman. Shallow? Maybe. But as men, you dont have to deal with the glass ceiling. Someone has to shatter it. But not Palin.
She is an embarrassment to my gender.
New Re: Oh hell no!
I have absolutely no problems with that.

Shallow, not as shallow as you think, sexism stands in the way in many places.

It needs to go away.
New Did you see Frank Rich's column today?
Along the way, he makes a similar point - but not quite as entertainingly. :-)

http://www.nytimes.c...inion/16rich.html

The G.O.P. ran out of steam and ideas well before George W. Bush took office and Tom DeLay ran amok, and it is now more representative of 20th-century South Africa during apartheid than 21st-century America. The proof is in the vanilla pudding. When David Letterman said that the 10 G.O.P. presidential candidates at an early debate looked like “guys waiting to tee off at a restricted country club,” he was the first to correctly call the election.

[...]

In an interview with Palin the weekend before the election, a conservative Wall Street Journal editorialist asked whether “the G.O.P. doesn’t in fact have a perception problem, that it is no longer viewed as a big tent.” A perception problem? Hello — how about a reality problem?

Yet the G.O.P. really does believe that it’s all about perception. That’s why its 2000 convention offered a stage full of break dancers and gospel singers, wildly outnumbering the black delegates in the audience. Bush and Karl Rove regarded diversity as a public-relations issue to be finessed with marketing. Round up some black extras! Sell “compassionate conservatism” by posing Bush incessantly with black schoolchildren! Problem solved!

The 2004 Bush-Cheney campaign Web site even boasted a “Compassion” archive of photos of Bush with black folk, including Colin Powell. McCain used the same playbook this year, when he headed south to emote over Katrina victims and stock his own Web site with pictures depicting his adventures in black America. He had been a no-show in New Orleans during the six months after the hurricane hit, when his presence might have made a difference.

In defeat, the party’s thinking remains unchanged. Its leaders once again believe they can bamboozle the public into thinking they’re the “party of Lincoln” by pushing forward a few minority front men or women. The reason why they are promoting Palin and the recently elected Indian-American governor of Louisiana, Bobby Jindal, as the party’s “future” is not just that they are hard-line social conservatives; they are also the only prominent Republican officeholders under 50 who are not white men. The G.O.P. will have to dip down to a former one-term lieutenant governor of Maryland, Michael Steele, to put a black public face on its national committee.

He nails it.

The old white guys who run the Republican party are so transparent it's ridiculous. They think that voters only make their choices based on skin color and sound bites, or if a woman or minority is on the other side, then running a woman or minority with an (R) will increase the chance of success. Who did they run against Obama for Senate? Some wacky black Christianist guy named Alan Keyes. Who did they pick to try to grab primary votes that went for Hillary? Why, another woman; but they made sure she was also a right wing Christianist - someone who advocates the opposite of Hillary on many issues.

Steele would almost certainly be a figurehead - he wouldn't change anything of substance in the national party.

Wake me when the Republicans start running national candidates with demonstrated competence again, 'K?

Cheers,
Scott.
New white country club party, if only ben would run
http://en.wikipedia....ghthorse_Campbell
with jc watts as veep :-)
     "The Wild Wordsmith of Wasilla" - (a6l6e6x) - (18)
         Re: "The Wild Wordsmith of Wasilla" - (malraux) - (15)
             Hey Im gifted :-) -NT - (boxley) - (14)
                 Re: Hey Im gifted :-) - (malraux) - (13)
                     dunno, she sounds like most women I have met -NT - (boxley) - (12)
                         I hope - (laura) - (4)
                             both :-) /me flees! -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                 You better run - (laura) - (2)
                                     lookin forward to it :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                         You say that now. - (laura)
                         You hang with drunks -NT - (crazy)
                         And as far as Palin goes - (laura) - (5)
                             Thanks! You! - (folkert) - (2)
                                 Oh hell no! - (laura) - (1)
                                     Re: Oh hell no! - (folkert)
                             Did you see Frank Rich's column today? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 white country club party, if only ben would run - (boxley)
         Heh! "asteroids". :-D -NT - (Another Scott)
         Willy Wonka Weds Wild Wordsmith of Wasilla - (Ashton)

Now that's what I call self-defecating humor.
138 ms