IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New There's always possibility of spyware.
Have you run AdAware or similar to clean out junk lately?
New Check
to see if something has added a loopback in your "hosts" file (windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts)

Had malware do that to a machine of mine and it drove performance into the dirt.
New Re: Check -- Thanks, all -
Thanks re hosts reminder:
I do pay attention to that one, periodically.
Its contents now are mostly a long list of Undesirables sent --> dev/null (127.0.0.1)

This list is periodically upgraded by AVG, which I keep current -- along with SpyBot. (Impossible to discern if some sneaker got put into *their* assortment, I wot -- they all "sound" (like.. with 'ad-blah.blah) Evull, to my eyeball scan. I could rename file sometime for a check, of course.

(There is no sub-dir beyond system32/drivers Good sign.)

AdAware runs now only on >9.x and, per Andrew comment a while back - has become bloated, etc. I run no mem-resident AV ap, just manual; aside from other problems with interactions with glass-fragile Doze -- at 256M, seems a vast waste of piddling space I need, as well as a constant burden at 600 MHz.

As to FFox sub rosa masturbation loops -- also noted various comments on those mem. leaks, presumably related to greedy little processes running. I'm on 2.0.0.17; - FF 3.x may not play well with 9.x (if it will even load) and I'd prefer not to find out.

Crashes are rare and 90% are of the msvcrt.dll variety: this bug present across every build yet. (Once heard of a particular build of that dll deemed less stupid than default; turned out I had to d/l ~ 50 MB of crap for some Active Graphical VB-something to extract that puny One item. I declined.)

Anyway, I deem that I have been Bloody Lucky with this particular Beastware specimen ... as I lumber on towards creation of a Guinness entry, someday:

Longest-running non-RRR installation of a Beastware OS Evah [???]
You are all invited to the Dinner in Sweden, er London; I'll pay for your tux rental as well as, Guinness-is-Good-for-You, post-prandial.. fershure.

Ooooh First Post - (Ashton) - (4)
         I'd suspect Firefox or an add-on - (Another Scott)
         There's always possibility of spyware. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Check - (beepster) - (1)
                 Re: Check -- Thanks, all - - (Ashton)

This is the most insane thing I've seen in six or seven hours.
31 ms