IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes.
Pain in the ass, too. The drivers caused kernel faults, and both times we lost a drive the mirror got trashed.
Regards,
-scott
<i>Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.</i>
New that may be why the xfs tools cant find a superblock
what was the name of the card again? I can do some poking around
Yes, Virginia, there really is an Obama Claus. You can hear him shouting, "On Pelosi, on Reid, on Kennedy, on Biden. Cash away, cash away, cash away all!"
New Re: that may be why the xfs tools cant find a superblock
Believe it's a 3ware 9550, or something like that. I need to boot the machine to find out, but I'm trying to do that as infrequently as possible.
Regards,
-scott
<i>Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.</i>
New thats fine, I can start there. (out of curiousity)
is adaptec out of fashion? I suppose greg or andrew could answer that for me.
Lately I need to get re-familiarized with intel based systems
thanx,
bill
Yes, Virginia, there really is an Obama Claus. You can hear him shouting, "On Pelosi, on Reid, on Kennedy, on Biden. Cash away, cash away, cash away all!"
New I ordered and installed the 9550.
The 9550 was the only card available at the time that worked with the motherboard, that didn't cost $5K and was SATA. (Yes other boards were available, but the PCI spec on the Motherboard forced the choice... as it was currently not supporting certain types of cards)

The Card's firmware needs to be updated seriously.

The kernel Scott *WAS* running was Sarge's, Right? (2.6.8)

There have been some firmware updates that have addressed many issues since I bought the card.

As far as using Adaptec cards... FEH.

I have *MORE PROBLEMS*, in both slowness and data consistency with SCSI and SATA via Adaptec RAID cards than the 3Ware Cards.

Adaptec Firmware updates for "Adaptec brand" cards only, if you have an "OEM" card you have to get them from your OEM which drops your version 6 months after you buy the damn thing.

I've only had *ANY REALLY GOOD LUCK* lately (4-5 years) with MegaRAID series of stuff... and I am still skeptical as they used to Sucksoplenty back when Dual Athlon MP processors were the rage... what 7-8 years ago?

The only server class stuff I REALLY still trust at all is the IBM ServeRAID stuff. Bucksoplenty for them.
New funny inside my ibm 3550's is all adaptec, why I asked
     State of the IWETHEY - (malraux) - (31)
         iffen ou want I could look at the backup disk - (boxley) - (19)
             Re: iffen ou want I could look at the backup disk - (malraux) - (17)
                 Let me know when you dd it -NT - (crazy)
                 Re: iffen ou want I could look at the backup disk - (Ashton) - (15)
                     If it's an electronic problem . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (14)
                         Ah, about the first - - (Ashton) - (13)
                             The data is scrambled. - (malraux) - (12)
                                 Ah.. that's It then. - (Ashton)
                                 Re: The data is scrambled. - (folkert) - (10)
                                     The XFS utilities can't find them. -NT - (malraux) - (2)
                                         I lost chunks of an XFS partition before - (crazy)
                                         Bummer. -NT - (folkert)
                                     not familiar with the card, was it a hardware raid? -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                                         Yes. - (malraux) - (5)
                                             that may be why the xfs tools cant find a superblock - (boxley) - (4)
                                                 Re: that may be why the xfs tools cant find a superblock - (malraux) - (3)
                                                     thats fine, I can start there. (out of curiousity) - (boxley) - (2)
                                                         I ordered and installed the 9550. - (folkert) - (1)
                                                             funny inside my ibm 3550's is all adaptec, why I asked -NT - (boxley)
             I'm out of town, so I'm hitting this late. - (Another Scott)
         Wishlist. - (static) - (6)
             Re: Wishlist. - (mvitale) - (2)
                 logged in forever - (boxley) - (1)
                     Doesn't help - (mvitale)
             Re: Wishlist. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 I repeat: - (malraux)
             Moved thread to "Suggestion Box" forum. - (mvitale)
         Re: State of the IWETHEY - (jb4)
         One more - (drook) - (1)
             See the Suggestions thread please. -NT - (folkert)
         Oh yes - you want another possible code-monkey? - (static)

A mindset is a terrible thing to waste.
65 ms