IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How about the crowds
At McCain's speech, when he mentioned Obama's name there was a loud round of "Boo"s. He had to shush them twice.

At Obama's, when he mentioned McCain there was polite applause.

You can't attribute this to a disciplined campaign staff. This was tens of thousands of people in a public venue.
New Much easier for winner to be gracious
it would have been much worse had the results been opposite.
New Re: Much easier for winner to be gracious
You mean more rabble rousing at Obama's concession speech?

Or more rabble rousing at McCain's acceptance speech?

Not that I am picking, I just want to make sure of your point.
New How about overturned cars, fires, and looting?
It could have happened.
New You got it
Thoughts were that an Obama loss would not have been viewed favorably in some places prone to that sort of thing.
New It would be appropriate
A rational result to another stolen election.
New OW...
I still am holding out for a November / Early December Surprise.

IOW, a way to take emergency powers and keep the current regime in power for as long as 2 years.

Martial Law will *SUCK*.
New the electoral college hasnt voted yet keep yer hopes up :-)
Yes, Virginia, there really is an Obama Claus. You can hear him shouting, "On Pelosi, on Reid, on Kennedy, on Biden. Cash away, cash away, cash away all!"
New Not what I meant...
They will let the Electoral College do its thing.

Thank just nullify any power/regime changes until they see fit.
New I knew what you meant
USSC may get involved again on the question of whether Obama is qualified to be president, Stephen's didnt totally blow the case away. It would give the cabal the escuse they need
Yes, Virginia, there really is an Obama Claus. You can hear him shouting, "On Pelosi, on Reid, on Kennedy, on Biden. Cash away, cash away, cash away all!"
New How would that resolve?
Biden as President? or McCain?
Regards,
-scott
<i>Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.</i>
New depends, prior to the electoral college
Biden would go to the front of the ticket and pick a veep, after the house would challenge the electors and refuse to accept their totals, that would leave pelosi as temp pres until the house put forward their nominated candidate with the senate confirming same. If the senate balks Pelosi stays in the job rinse lather repeat until a president is chosen or the next election cycle.

Now if the USSC declares Obama not to meet qualifications and america starts burning to the ground Cheney & co would seize the government under the new laws (that obama signed on for ) last year
New Cuyahoga County Ohio went for the Biden vote.
I know a few people that voted for Obama/Biden, because they assume that Obama will be assassinated and then Biden to be president.

Sick and Sad and True.
New Those happen at victory parties too.
New yup, with iverson joining the pistons
detroit has a good chance of burning down in the playoffs
New People were a lot more emotionally invested
in Obama's campaign than McCain's. The results of a loss would have been commensurately more explosive.
Regards,
-scott
New No rabble rousing at either speech that I saw
All the rabble rousing was done before the victory or defeat.

The Obama crowds were more gracious.

And while it is easier for an individual to be gracious in victory than in defeat, victorious crowds in general are no more generous to their opponents than defeated crowds. The Obama crowd did not turn gracious because they won, and the McCain crowd did not turn ugly because it lost. They were that way because of the way the campaigns were run.

I give McCain some points for a fine and gracious concession speech. But then I remember all the ominous music and scary graphics that ended with that uber-creepy "...and I approve this message" coming from the 3/4 from below view of the Fearless Leader face*, and the dissonance is not in accord with any kind of personal integrity, particularly from one who brags about Straight Talk.

---------------

* John McCain's face, when seen from a normal angle under normal light, is not a Fearless Leader face. The graphics people did some fine work there, and if I were making a splatter version of 1984 I'd look them up.

New This is the point *I* was trying to get across
Not that I wanted to make trouble.

But the Obama/Biden crowd has always been more gracious and upbeat.

Where as McCain/Palin has been about rousting up the crowd to a feverish pitch, which leads to "Kill him" comments from the crowd that were not quelled at all (in previous rallies)...

Individuals are smart and uncanny creatures able to think smartly. Crowds are dumb reactive and very dangerous. Crowds are very easily lead or pushed to do things individuals wouldn't.
New Exactly so, that last.
And anyone running for public office who does not GROK TO FULLNESS that vital POINT -- has already proven unfit to 'lead' anything larger than a Chihuahua on a leash.

The Mob burned the Library at Alexandria after flaying-alive Hypatia; that was no myth - that happened.
'08 mobs have techno-assist + not a single extra neurons/unit than that earlier mob.

Why is it that so much of this class of behavior has now, for all good recent historical examples -- become inextricably associated with ANY Repo 'campaign'?
(Rove, as McCarthy and Father Coughlan before.. merely reached into their gelatinous mass and found the most concise form of expression of the core-putrescence seen - and patented it.)

Göbbels did that-all with more polish, but with the same misanthropic viciousness.
Rove is too vain to acknowledge his mentor. But we can.

May he and Cheney *Know* Shame, for the First Time ... before they expire.
(Rush has Seen his disease - why else the constant need for numbing drugs?)
New Exactly how I saw it
"And while it is easier for an individual to be gracious in victory than in defeat, victorious crowds in general are no more generous to their opponents than defeated crowds. The Obama crowd did not turn gracious because they won, and the McCain crowd did not turn ugly because it lost. They were that way because of the way the campaigns were run."

That's the key thing. It shows the kind of support they cultivated.
New Yep.
I made that same point to my wife when she made that observation.
Regards,
-scott
     Looks good for Obama at 10:45 - (jay) - (27)
         Well, now it's for reals. Phew. -NT - (Meerkat)
         Ohio. That was the "0.00%" marker in 538.com projections - (Ashton)
         A good night. - (Another Scott)
         McCain concedes -- graciously. Nice, that. -NT - (Ashton) - (23)
             Watching the lead-in to Obama right now - (malraux)
             They were nice words. - (Another Scott) - (21)
                 How about the crowds - (drook) - (20)
                     Much easier for winner to be gracious - (beepster) - (19)
                         Re: Much easier for winner to be gracious - (folkert) - (17)
                             How about overturned cars, fires, and looting? - (a6l6e6x) - (12)
                                 You got it - (beepster) - (8)
                                     It would be appropriate - (crazy) - (7)
                                         OW... - (folkert) - (6)
                                             the electoral college hasnt voted yet keep yer hopes up :-) -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                                                 Not what I meant... - (folkert) - (4)
                                                     I knew what you meant - (boxley) - (3)
                                                         How would that resolve? - (malraux) - (2)
                                                             depends, prior to the electoral college - (boxley)
                                                             Cuyahoga County Ohio went for the Biden vote. - (folkert)
                                 Those happen at victory parties too. -NT - (mhuber) - (1)
                                     yup, with iverson joining the pistons - (boxley)
                                 People were a lot more emotionally invested - (malraux)
                             No rabble rousing at either speech that I saw - (mhuber) - (3)
                                 This is the point *I* was trying to get across - (folkert) - (1)
                                     Exactly so, that last. - (Ashton)
                                 Exactly how I saw it - (drook)
                         Yep. - (malraux)

It’s merely anecdotal, but someone who can severely misconstrue the meaning of “Green Eggs and Ham” has no business being considered smart.
87 ms