IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Jeez, only four years after the fact!
So, if Amadina Nutjob resumed the weapons program last year, we'll find out in 2010? Can't someone there be bought by the CIA?
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
New Plame damage
It is all classified so we don't know exactly, but it has been widely insinuated that blowing Plame's cover did a lot of damage to our intelligence gathering in Iran and that her job was related to tracking nuclear weapons.

So right now, our information on Iran's nuclear program is probably limited to orbital cameras and rumor.

Jay
New wouldnt be surprised at some russo paki humint
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New We've had problems alot longer than that.
Our intelligence gathering has been hampered for a long time by lack of physical assets. Losing 1 isn't going to make that much of a difference.

Our thinking that we can do it all with satellites and network wiretaps has and will continue to get us into trouble.

The simple fact is, regardles of what this or any other NIE says, we simply don't know what they are doing.

This NIE is a piece of work...it says they quit their weapons program...BUT they could make a weapon within 2 years. So what this tells me is they have a weapons program thats pretty well advanced to the stage of "we can make a weapon any time we want"...and the CIA is >guessing< that right now isn't the time they want to make it.

It also pretty much admits that if there are any covert programs, all bets are off.

Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New It wasn't loosing her personally that did the damage
Our intelligence gathering has been hampered for a long time by lack of physical assets. Losing 1 isn't going to make that much of a difference.

It wasn't loosing her personally, but the connections that blowing her cover revealed. Anybody she had worked closely with would now fall under suspicion, so if she had recruited any informants they where now in danger.

Worse, the name of the company she worked for was blown as a CIA front company, and apparently this company was used by more then one agent over seas. This would create a domino effect of blown covers.

Our thinking that we can do it all with satellites and network wiretaps has and will continue to get us into trouble.

Very true.

This NIE is a piece of work...it says they quit their weapons program...BUT they could make a weapon within 2 years. So what this tells me is they have a weapons program thats pretty well advanced to the stage of "we can make a weapon any time we want"...and the CIA is >guessing< that right now isn't the time they want to make it.

The NIE is always a piece of work. They are influenced by political fractions within the government that want to push one view or another.

And if Iran's stated goals for nuclear production are honest, they will have enough capacity to produce the nuclear material for a bomb at some point. They could probably do it right now if they pushed all of their production capacity towards making one low powered bomb. And for a national government that is really the hard part, nuclear material is very hard to make and decays over time. The rest of the bomb making is not easy but compared to making the nuclear material in the first place it isn't hard.

Jay
     NIE says Iran stopped work on bomb in 2003 - (JayMehaffey) - (9)
         We all know how accurate they are. - (bepatient) - (2)
             Very true - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                 Of course... - (folkert)
         Jeez, only four years after the fact! - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             Plame damage - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
                 wouldnt be surprised at some russo paki humint -NT - (boxley)
                 We've had problems alot longer than that. - (bepatient) - (1)
                     It wasn't loosing her personally that did the damage - (JayMehaffey)
         It says a lot of things that are obviously true. - (Another Scott)

I wanted to request installing a suggestion box at work, but I had no way of doing it.
58 ms