IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New IS manager is a moron
My boss has been very diaspointed with me. I'm showing a serious lack of initiative. I never take the lead, I never handle a situation until somebody comes over and drags me into it. I think I'm damned close to being fired.

Well, we've been having mondo email troubles. Not my fault, some were there when I started and others are ISP screwups, and I'm stomping them in admirable fashion if I do say so myself. I even managed to track down a week's worth of email that was lost in the mover before I was hired - it went to an old ISP account that we don't use anymore but we still, until I found it, were paying for.

In order to make sure everybody's email gets through, I arranged for all email that bounces to bounce into my mailbox, where my filters foreward it to the appropriate person. I've got filters set up for everybody, except of course me. I don't need a filter for me, the mail has arrived at my mailbox, and if it failed, it would end up in my mailbox anyway.

Yeah, you probably see what happens next.

DOH!

Any email that I get that has anybody else's name in the TO: or CC: field gets forewarded to the other person. My copy goes to the "this isn't for me, I'll archive it in case there is delivery a problem but I'll ignore it in order to not be a Nosy Nelly" folder.

So I've been getting just enough email to convince me that I'm connected. But all the important stuff goes away without bothering me. A quick look through that archive folder yielded some information that explains quite a bit about my image lately.

The whole place is roaring with laughter right now. I had to explain to everybody why I have't been responding to email. My door is closed and I think there is booze in my short-term (after the commute) future.

Sheesh. My first stupid PHB story and I'm in the starring role.

Good natured laughter, though...
----
"You don't have to be right - just use bolded upper case" - annon.
New My sincere sympathies
But still...

Bwaaaaa Haaaaaa Haaaaaaa.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :-)
With this much manure around, there must be a pony somewhere.
New Don't give up (in) !
Everybody Loves.. a Joke on !Me but --> Him!

So all ya gotta do is..

Be a Clown, for a bit. Tell 'em logic ain't foolproof and sometimes a ';' can get your throat cut.. and will they please send-back yer mail what had YAN "TO:" stuck on it.. :(

Luck,

Ashton
New Already in progress
I've explained the situation to, literaly, every person in the company. With apologies and humor.

It seemed prudent to deliver that particular message in person...

In the long run, this is probably a good thing. Life being what it is, I'm bound to screw up system things from time to time. Better to do it to myself than someone else.
----
New Er ah, usually we used a "dummy" account
that the email got sent to and filtered. Then had a server or workstation running with the email account and the rules wizard etc.

Nice shot in the foot, A for effort. :)

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
New He did, albeit unintentionally :-)
New Laughing with...
If you can laugh at yourself, then you can take solace in the fact that they're laughing with you. :-)

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Yep, I can take it
Quite a releif, really. It explains a lot.

----
     IS manager is a moron - (mhuber) - (7)
         My sincere sympathies - (Silverlock)
         Don't give up (in) ! - (Ashton) - (1)
             Already in progress - (mhuber)
         Er ah, usually we used a "dummy" account - (nking) - (1)
             He did, albeit unintentionally :-) -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Laughing with... - (static) - (1)
             Yep, I can take it - (mhuber)

Happiness is a lint filter full of thwarted pinworms.
85 ms