IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I hear that!
Our kitchen faucet (30+years old) was leaking. Had a friend put some new washers/o-rings in it. Worked a little while, then leaked like an excited puppy. Mind you, it's not that I don't want to spend the money, but I want to completely revamp my horribly outdated kitchen, starting with the sink... I want a one of those great farm sinks. The kind where the spigot and the handles jut out from the wall, not sit on the surface. <reverie>

Ok, back to reality. So I have to face it, I can't afford to go full-blow, so I have to spend a hunnerd bucks (truly, ya can't get a cheep cheep faucet!) And I'm DA WOMAN, I can install it myself and set about to do it, only, (trombone up)WAH WAH...the damn thing requires some minor welding and such. Piss On Rye!

Luckily, my son hangs out with a kid whose dad is a plumber...a very good, honest one. So he only charges me $75 to do the job.

I still cringe though because that could have gone towards my looovely sink :-(

Oh well, it won't be long. I'm trying to re-design the space and pick out wicked-cool appliances. Just for a preview, it will have a vintage vibe with beadboard, some stainless and my accessories include a full set of Pyrex mixing bowls, a kitchen clock that I hung in its box because it says "Modern Housewives Adore KitchenTime!" and it's kitschy yellow. Then there's my giant plastic tomato that is actually a serving piece. It is about, oh 8" - 9" in diameter. I just love it.

Ok, shutting up for now.
Smile,
Amy
New stainless RUN AWAY!
the only thing that keeps stainless from looking like shit is rainx or tranny fluid but both smell like shit when hot.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Bar Keepers Friend
Keeps my stainless sink nice and shiny. It also does a good job on copper bottom pots.
     adventures in plumbing - (boxley) - (13)
         I hear that! - (imqwerky) - (2)
             stainless RUN AWAY! - (boxley) - (1)
                 Bar Keepers Friend - (bionerd)
         I hate plumbing. - (Another Scott) - (9)
             Price Pfister? But I don't even know 'er! - (jake123)
             Andrew's rules of plumbing. - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                 Yup. It's just like working on Windows. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott)
                 That's an excellent rule. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     For jobs that might go too long . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Can't find it but I thought this was the Admin's rule -NT - (crazy)
                 ICLRPD. - (static)
                 ICLRPD. (new thread) - (static)
                 Don't I know it! - (Steven A S)

Remember... save the wax!
77 ms