IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Those were just his French cookbooks
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Re: Those were just his French cookbooks
Here's [link|http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Art-French-Cooking-One/dp/0375413405|French Cooking] for ya. :)
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
New I loved her series with Jaques Pepin
I saw an interview with Jaques relating the story of how they were cooking together in the mid 70's and she used one of his knives and cut her finger pretty badly. She was such a trooper that she bandaged the wound and went on to cook with him anyway. ( It became one of the funniest skits on Saturday Night Live when Dan Aykroyd parodied Julia Child, "Oh, it seems I've cut the dickens out of my finger! Save the giblets! I remember I had a dog named Sandy...) He was precious telling about how she didn't want to talk about it, but that's *all* the major morning shows wanted to talk about. It was great stuff :0)

I never knew it was a true story until I saw that interview. :-)
Smile,
Amy
New A secondary source. (new thread)
Created as new thread #296568 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=296568|A secondary source.]
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     C'est un petit monde apr\ufffds tous. - (imqwerky) - (41)
         It's about effing time. - (CRConrad) - (40)
             But I shall fight back . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (39)
                 "But I am not left-handed" :-) - (imqwerky)
                 "Mapie"? p -> r ==> "Marie", peut-etre? -NT - (CRConrad) - (32)
                     Je concours! - (imqwerky) - (30)
                         It is an excellent book . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (29)
                             I am very good at making sauces (img) - (imqwerky) - (28)
                                 Well, it looks a lot more effective . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (27)
                                     Actually, I forgot to mention... - (imqwerky) - (26)
                                         Well, I've never tried it . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (17)
                                             When I start experiementing (evil laugh!! >:-) ) - (imqwerky) - (16)
                                                 Just ran across a note in a Japanese cookbook. - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                                                     *KISS* - (imqwerky) - (14)
                                                         Look into tamari style soy soauces. - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                                                             Set up an "underground railroad" for her. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                                 I have an order in at a local health food store :-) - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                                                     Well, that's Texas, I guess. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                                         Why Soitenly! Nuk Nuk Nuk! - (imqwerky)
                                                             While I was at the Korean grocery . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                                                 Glad to know that. - (imqwerky) - (3)
                                                                     Aromatic Rice. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                                                         Chili Juanita! (new thread) - (imqwerky)
                                                                         Basmati rice is amazing. One of the truly great foods. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                         Scored 2 boxes of mochiko flour . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                             OT: ? aaxnet.com works fine here. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                 Yes, the Web site has no problems, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                                     OIC. Best of luck. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                         s/flour/cornstarch/g taste better and lumps less -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                                             works well for gravies, some sauces need the flour for taste -NT - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                 add some file for taste -NT - (boxley)
                                                 If you can taste the flour, you're doing it wrong. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                     Not entirely. - (hnick)
                                                     To remove the raw flour taste . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                     evil impure thought picture - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         That, *and* wall*paper* too! -NT - (CRConrad)
                     Says "Mapie" on the title page and cover . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 What? No Julia Child? -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                     Those were just his French cookbooks -NT - (bepatient) - (3)
                         Re: Those were just his French cookbooks - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                             I loved her series with Jaques Pepin - (imqwerky)
                             A secondary source. (new thread) - (Andrew Grygus)

I'm being assailed by the Comfy Chair right now.
124 ms