IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Now that's a hockey game!
WWWWWWOOOOOOO!!! That was fun! Canada thoroughly dominated the Americans yesterday afternoon and brought home the gold for the first time in 50 years. The bars were rocking and the party out on Yonge Street was great. The only two nervous moments were the early two odd man rushes by the Americans, one resulting in a goal.

Too bad we have to go back to the regular season NHL now and have to wait two months until the playoffs start. Hopefully Sundin and Joseph will pick themselves up after their own personal disappointments in the tourney so the Leafs can make a serious run in the spring. (Aside from the fluky loss, Sundin played great. I've always wanted him to have a talented winger on his side with the Leafs. Maybe these Olympics will give Pat Quinn some food for thought during the offseason to replace Hoglund.)
lister
New Agreed.
That was an EXCELLENT game. Yeah, the US lost, but they got outplayed. Same can be said for the women, too. I watched both games.

Well, done.

Gimme a C, eh? Gimme an N, eh? Gimme a D, eh? ;-)
-YendorMike

Real programmers use "vi a.out".
New Womens referee
Despite enjoying the mens game more, higher marks go to the women for enduring that awful referee. An AHL referee would have been better than her. The Russians had nothing to gripe about the mens reffing with the NHL officials unlike the womens gold medal game. As we saw the NHL refs called things fair and square otherwise I'm sure their employer would take a dim view of their performance come the end of the NHL season.
lister
New Re: Womens referee
I'll agree, the women's ref was a bit whistle-happy. But only against Team Canada. USA spent close to 17 or 18 minutes total on the power play, and they still lost.

That right there shows who the better team was.
-YendorMike

Real programmers use "vi a.out".
New Re: Womens referee
That was my point though. The ref was a homer. It's not so much that the penalties were lopsided. If you play a sloppy game and cause penalties then so be it. I thought I was watching a basketball game though. Some calls were like "Huh? That's a penalty?!" (That's one of the reasons why I can't watch basketball. I get frustrated very quickly on all the penalty calling for contact that is nothing.) Despite the homer ref, our women pulled through.
lister
New Why it was good
As I understand it, wasn't the gold medal game basically an NHL All Star game where the players actually cared about the outcome?
We have to fight the terrorists as if there were no rules and preserve our open society as if there were no terrorists. -- [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/05/opinion/BIO-FRIEDMAN.html|Thomas Friedman]
New Yes
Most definitely. The best players in the world playing with passion, determination and actually having a physical pressence in the game. The All-Star game is pure fluff.
lister
New well done, congrats
"I'm selling a hammer," he says. "They can beat nails with it, or their dog."
Richard Eaton spy software innovator
     Now that's a hockey game! - (lister) - (7)
         Agreed. - (Yendor) - (3)
             Womens referee - (lister) - (2)
                 Re: Womens referee - (Yendor) - (1)
                     Re: Womens referee - (lister)
         Why it was good - (drewk) - (1)
             Yes - (lister)
         well done, congrats -NT - (boxley)

There is such a thing as dinner plates and what goes on them is mightily disappointing.
87 ms