1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My bad, I wasn't keeping up. She overtips
[link|http://mediamatters.org/items/200711100003?f=h_latest|Link]

Sheesh, can't they make up their minds?
-----------------------------------------
Restore the Constitution. Elect [link|http://tpmelectioncentral.com/2007/10/exclusive_senator_chris_dodd_will_put_a_hold_on_telecom_immunity_bill.php|Chris Dodd].
New the magic disappearing 100 dollar bill
funny, only the clinton staffer ever saw it. Im sure they have a gopher whose job is to pickup tabs and lay tips to avoid shit like this. I imagine that particular gopher has been booted by now.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New You just... If the truth actually IS, in some case...
...that she DIDN'T actually do any evil, then you just won't accept the truth, will you? I mean, could you be any more in denial, even if you stuck your fingers in your ears and sang "La-la-laa, I can't heeaar you..."? Not as far as I can see.

And it's when one has reached that stage (at the latest) that one should perhaps, like, open one's mind the *teensiest* tinyest little bit and think to oneself, "Hey, if reality and my preconceptions are so totally at odds with each other, then maybe the fault isn't actually with reality but with my preconceptions".

Not that anyone is holding their breath or anything; take your time... <SIGH>

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New lets review,
If her name was sheila bradford, would everyone from you to Silverlock still demand she be elected president?

What are her qualifications that launch her above every other candidate?
8 years in the whitehouse is good
term and 1/2 as senator good
but better than everyone elses?

If Gore had won the 2000 election and Bill was never impeached, would anyone even care about Hillary?

The only reason Hillary is getting any traction is every Bill supporter wants retribution.

She is the leading fundraiser millions of dollars from who for what? Edwards for example has collected $30.00 from PACs, she has collected over $100 million, what are these contributors buying?

If she moved to Finland and ran for the highest office, would she be elected? If you dont want her why should we?
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

New Yeah, I gotta say that on balance
I don't think she's the ideal candidate. I like Edwards, Kucinich, and even Ron Paul a LOT better than her.

Personally, I'm hoping that what will happen there is what happened up here during the last leadership campaign for the national Liberal party, where the party elite saw their candidates (Bob Rae and Michael Ignatieff) get hosed down by the guy that was written off before he started (Stephane Dion) as the party grassroots told the bagmen to go fuck themselves in the best place possible: at a leadership convention. It'd be nice if the Democratic party grassroots did the same to their bagmen and the media that support them.

It's what needs to happen for your political system to start getting back to reasonable ground. If it doesn't start to happen, your political system will eventually crumble, with bad results for everyone.
New Don't put this on me.
She's in the lead in the polls because she's in the lead. Nothing I ever wanted. She's way to Republican for my tastes.

That said, your hatred of her is irrational. Deal with it.
-----------------------------------------
Restore the Constitution. Elect [link|http://tpmelectioncentral.com/2007/10/exclusive_senator_chris_dodd_will_put_a_hold_on_telecom_immunity_bill.php|Chris Dodd].
New The perfect is the enemy of the good.
Why do you like Edwards? He has held one elected office, and only for 1 term. His [link|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Edwards#Senate_Career|senate career] wasn't especially noteworthy.

Clinton is very bright, knows how to get things done in the [link|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Rodham_Clinton#United_States_Senator|Senate] (e.g. $21B for redevelopment of the WTC site), knows how to inspire people. Like every powerful politician, she also attracts strong disagreements.

It's Ok that she rubs you the wrong way. She does me as well, but not to anything approaching the same extent. My guess is that if you did as much digging into Edwards background as you have hers, you'd probably find just as many things to upset you. Here's a few to get you started: [link|http://www.nationalenquirer.com/john_edwards_cheating_scandal/celebrity/64271#|Rumor #1], [link|http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/e/edwards-flu.htm|Rumor #2], [link|http://malaysia.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070305215031AA7UEnE|Rumor #3], ... ;-)

According to the recent quiz, you should be a [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=295178|Richardson supporter], even though his claim to fame is being part of the Clinton administration.

Just remember, she's not running for dictator. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New his ability as a trial lawyer impresses me
not his senate bidness. His campaign for senate was very nattily done. His ability to reason logically is compelling and the fact he grew up poor in the south gives him a perspective about us little people although he isnt one now and doesnt intend to be one again. Hillary hasnt shown any ability or empathy for reglar folks, and insist we keep our place as documented by those who worked for her, time and again.
thanx,
bill

New Besides, she uses "plants" to ask questions.
After her speech, Clinton accepted questions. But according to Grinnell College student Muriel Gallo-Chasanoff \ufffd10, some of the questions from the audience were planned in advance. \ufffdThey were canned,\ufffd she said. Before the event began, a Clinton staff member approached Gallo-Chasanoff to ask a specific question after Clinton\ufffds speech. \ufffdOne of the senior staffers told me what [to ask],\ufffd she said.
[link|http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/MessageTopic.asp?p=6002420&Pg=1|Link]

That's in line with Bush's audience selection process.
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
New Bull on pretty much all counts.
The BOx blithers on:
If her name was sheila bradford, would everyone from you to Silverlock still demand she be elected president?
  1. But her name isn't "Sheila Bradford" (as I assume she would spell it if it were), is it, so what the fuck does that have to do with anything?
  2. Pointing out the irrationality of the your hatred for her is not the same as to "demand she be elected".

What are her qualifications that launch her above every other candidate?
  1. Have I ever said she has any? No, I haven't. (Though it seems quite plausible she's at least about as qualified as most of the others in the race.)
  2. OTOH: What is it, in the reality-based actual world, that makes her some sort of Evil Incarnate? Nothing, actually, as far as I can see... But have you been ranting about her as if she were Satan's Spawn On Earth since about forever? Yes, you have. Do you have any rational support for it? No, none that you have shown.
  3. So who is it, exactly, that's unfairly singling her out from all the other candidates...?

8 years in the whitehouse is good

term and 1/2 as senator good

but better than everyone elses?
See the first point in response to "qualifications that launch", above.

If Gore had won the 2000 election and Bill was never impeached, would anyone even care about Hillary?
Possibly not. But Gore didn't win the election -- hey, strike that, he did! -- but Gore wasn't awarded the Selection, was he? And Bill was impeached, wasn't he? So what the fuck are you gibbering about?!?

The only reason Hillary is getting any traction is every Bill supporter wants retribution.
Actually, I'd say it's more like, every Al supporter. But, yeah -- and so what? That "retribution" is well deserved, so what the fuck are you gibbering about?

She is the leading fundraiser millions of dollars from who for what?
Apparently -- at least if your brilliant analysis is to be believed -- from Bill (CRC: and/or Al) supporters, for the purpose of exacting retribution. And so what? Are you saying Bill and Al supporters aren't perfectly entitled to lust for retribution, and financially (and/or with their votes) support a candidate they feel will be able to exact it?

Edwards for example has collected $30.00 from PACs, she has collected over $100 million, what are these contributors buying?
Dunno... Do you? At a guess, they're "buying" pretty much the same things all the other candidates are "selling", too. And this is actually your only "real" gripe, isn't it -- that she just happens to be better than the rest at what they do...? Sheesh!

If she moved to Finland and ran for the highest office, would she be elected?
Probably not, since (I'm fairly sure) she knows fuck-all about Finnish politics, for starters. And what the fuck does that have to do with the price of tea in China?!?

If you dont want her why should we?
Oh, for FUCK'S sake...!

Nobody has ever fucking SAID you (personally -- you, Bill The Fuckwit Oxley) HAVE TO "want her". You're prefectly free to NOT "want her".

Only, could you please -- pretty fucking please with jam on top -- "NOT want her" in a way that at least SEEMS somewhat fucking SANE?

'Coz THAT is all we actually are asking: That you stop spewing all this TOTALLY FUCKNUTS foamy-mouthed blithering CRAP about her.

How the fuck is that too much to ask???

Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New you must be getting old, I give that about a 5 and a 1/2
"'Coz THAT is all we actually are asking: That you stop spewing all this TOTALLY FUCKNUTS foamy-mouthed blithering CRAP about her."
thats the irritating part, I point out perfectly valid points for why she shouldnt ever be allowed in charge of anything, backed up by public documentation and it hits the magic clinton blind spot.
thanx,
bill

New One qualification you missed:
She's not a Republican.

That immediately qualifies her. And you, And even me. Satisfied?
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
New You and her, I can see. But Bill? I doubt it.
New She's not? You sure?
Bill was a moderate Republican by actions, which are more reliable than words. A bunch of corporate creatures, different from the usual Republicans, owned his franchise. She is every bit as much a corporate whore, war hawk, and anti-civil liberty as any of the front running Republican creatures. From my perspective, she's very much a Republican with slightly different branding.
New I'm pretty much with you on that one;
I've thought that for a while now.
New Yeah, but that still makes her very much a Democrat, dunnit?
'Coz that's exactly what Democrats ARE, as I understood it... N'est-ce pas?

I bet none[*] of the rest of the Democratic candidates are much different if you look at 'em a little harder. It's just that so far, Clinton is the one everybody has been looking the hardest at, I think.

[*]: OK, except of course for Kuchinic -- he seems to be a genuine folksy whack-job.

New Only in the sense that being politicians makes 'em all liars
There is SUPPOSED to be two parties. There really isn't any more.
This is SUPPOSED to be a republic based on democratic principles. It really isn't any more.
We are SUPPOSED to pick the best of the best for our leaders. We really pick the least reprehensible.
The Republicans are supposed to be right wing, authoritarian, proto fascists. The Democrats are supposed to be more progressive and socially oriented. A couple of the second tier Dems seem slightly less reprehensible than the others. That's only my opinion, and I don't think it will make much difference. I think this country is about ready for hospice treatment.
     Frank Rich isn't happy. - (Another Scott) - (20)
         Yeah, but Clinton doesn't tip -NT - (Silverlock) - (19)
             :-D :-/ -NT - (Another Scott)
             Also, she cackles.(Or have they abandoned that one already?) -NT - (CRConrad)
             My bad, I wasn't keeping up. She overtips - (Silverlock) - (16)
                 the magic disappearing 100 dollar bill - (boxley) - (15)
                     You just... If the truth actually IS, in some case... - (CRConrad) - (14)
                         lets review, - (boxley) - (13)
                             Yeah, I gotta say that on balance - (jake123)
                             Don't put this on me. - (Silverlock)
                             The perfect is the enemy of the good. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 his ability as a trial lawyer impresses me - (boxley)
                             Besides, she uses "plants" to ask questions. - (a6l6e6x)
                             Bull on pretty much all counts. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 you must be getting old, I give that about a 5 and a 1/2 - (boxley)
                             One qualification you missed: - (jb4) - (5)
                                 You and her, I can see. But Bill? I doubt it. -NT - (CRConrad)
                                 She's not? You sure? - (hnick) - (3)
                                     I'm pretty much with you on that one; - (jake123)
                                     Yeah, but that still makes her very much a Democrat, dunnit? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                         Only in the sense that being politicians makes 'em all liars - (hnick)

Damn, man, you swing a mean left field passive aggressive non sequitur.
80 ms