IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Mighty Ram Band is a 10!
I was in San Antonio this weekend watching my son march in the Bands of America Super Regional competition at the Alamodome. It was quite a spectacle. 56 marching bands from across Texas performed their shows, hoping to beat each other for the coveted 14 spots in the finals.

You've never seen such imagination, precision, humor, and stamina as these kids gave everything they had for the judges. The color guards were amazing as they provided just that...color and poignancy and punctuation to the brilliant music played so eloquently by 150-300 students in each band.

Our hearts pounded as they called out the 14 finalists. We're newcomers to this league...it's unheard-of to break through the usual suspects who've been competing in this realm...but, we made it!

Our finals performance went really well. There were a few bumps, but realize these kids have been up since 3am and working their butts off.

As the subject line says, we got 10th place. Not too shabby to crack the top ten your first time out!

It was an amazing experience.

Band nerds Rule! :-)
Smile,
Amy
New Woot! Congrats!
New One time at band camp...
New s/camp/BOA Super Regional Finals/........LOL
Sounds even nerdier! (snort)

got another "story" 'bout that
Smile,
Amy
Expand Edited by imqwerky Nov. 5, 2007, 07:21:51 AM EST
New 10th is a high place with 64 competing
I remember the South Florida state finals when clearwater came in 3rd. Loke winning the superbowl
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Bitchin!
Every kid obsessed with learning a horn gets to sublimate a bit, at a crucial time: less time for geting all horny..

/ducks, runs

Anyway.. quite fewer lifetime injuries there than feetsball and the other subsidized butting-heads (competitions + screaming coaches). Nice going.

New <VBG>
Mah boy's horn is da bass clarinet, btw.

an' he's awesome at it

tanks fer da props :-)
Smile,
Amy
     Mighty Ram Band is a 10! - (imqwerky) - (6)
         Woot! Congrats! -NT - (Another Scott)
         One time at band camp... -NT - (bionerd) - (1)
             s/camp/BOA Super Regional Finals/........LOL - (imqwerky)
         10th is a high place with 64 competing - (boxley)
         Bitchin! - (Ashton) - (1)
             <VBG> - (imqwerky)

Live long and prosper.
56 ms