IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Catholics more or less invented literalism
The Catholic church more or less invented the idea of taking religion literally because you can't centralize a mystic religion.

The Roman empire had discovered that you could politically manage and run a religion through the government, but nobody would take it seriously. And you could have a mystic religion with deep faith that the masses believed in.

It was the Catholics who figured out how to combine the two via literalism and faith in the unexplainable.

Jay
New The Romans had a sensible policy despite their arrogance.
"Any religion you like - one government - Rome".

This policy ran into problems in two instances - where religion and government were one and the same - Druidism and Judaism.

The Druids decided they could live with the Roman deal. Consequence: there are no Druids anymore and nobody really knows what Druidism was - but descendants of the Druids stand equal with the Germans and Romans at the top of the heap.

The Jews chose not to compromise. There are still Jews and the traditions have held firm, but they've suffered severely for that choice - under the Romans and their successors.

It should be noted that the second Jewish revolt (Bar Kokhba revolt) was extremely serious - one Roman legion disappeared from the record entirely and thousands from Turkey and elsewhere were given Roman citizenship so they could join the legions to fight the Jews.

Today Judaism seems to have assimilated the concept of separation of church and state and things are going better. A recent survey (I'd have to dig through the pile for yesterday's LA Times to get the reference) shows that more than 80% of Americans are "antisemitism free".

If only they realized that Arabs are semites too . . . .
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     gay pagan responds to christian right - (boxley) - (13)
         Sentient LRPD - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             Lucky we didn't say anything about the dirty knife. - (folkert)
         A little premature, I think . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
             cmon, Loki Apollo Hermes Heracles djinn mohammed's buddy -NT - (boxley)
             There are many that feel that Jesus was an anagram - (imqwerky) - (3)
                 It's always a bit suspicious when you have a Savior . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                     Catholics more or less invented literalism - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                         The Romans had a sensible policy despite their arrogance. - (Andrew Grygus)
             It's been a while since I've seen that statement. - (static) - (4)
                 Re: It's been a while since I've seen that statement. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                     Interesting paper. Thanks for the link. -NT - (Another Scott)
                     I remember BAR. - (static) - (1)
                         BAR is great fun. - (Andrew Grygus)

I am so upset that this clown of a woman figured out my SUPER PLAN TO SCAM MILLIONS FROM THE UNKNOWING BEANIE WORLD!
39 ms