IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And how much exactly is St. Rush going to pony up *himself*?
Quoth the BeepSter:
His judicious use of the word "we" in the bold statement certainly looks like he's trying to take credit for something.
Only to someone who maybe isn't such an "equal-opportunity pessimist" as they would like to claim. To the rest of us, out here in the reality-based community, two things stand out:

A) The two sentences, "Never did we think that this letter would bring money of this nature." and "I don't know what we could do more important than helping to ensure that children of our fallen soldiers and police officers who have fallen in the line of duty have the opportunity for their children to have a good education."[*] don't actually "take credit for" anything -- they say just that, i), he and his pals didn't foresee that the letter would bring a lot of money; and, ii) he can't think of a nobler use for said money. So, where is he lying -- are you claiming that they did actually foresee that the letter would bring a lot of money, or that indeed he can think of a better use for the moolah, or both?

And B), If he wanted to, he is actually entitled to "take credit for something": If he hadn't written this letter, Rush wouldn't have it to sell, and the money that is being raised on Ebay -- would not be being raised on Ebay. So how, exactly, has he done any less than Rush here? Is Rush going to match the proceeds from the Ebay letter sale out of his own pocket, or what?

So, mr Equal-opportunity Pessimist About ALL Politicians: When, if ever, will we see you invest as much witork in sophistry and innuendo about someone on the other side of the aisle...? (Or, alternatively: When, if ever, will you drop the fucking pretense?)

Not holding my breath (either way),

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]

[*]: Which probably wasn't intended to, as it literally does, refer to the soldiers' and police officers' grandchildren: "...that children of ... have the opportunity for their children..."
New Re: And how much exactly is St. Rush going to pony up *himse
Is Rush going to match the proceeds from the Ebay letter sale out of his own pocket, or what?

Why, [link|http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58260|yes he is.]

A woman bidding on Ebay paid more than $2 million for the letter. Limbaugh will match the amount.

and as to taking credit...this guy touches on that pretty well also...

Harry Reid's patting himself on the back for being somewhat responsible for the raising of more than $4 million for a good charity, and you know what? He does have something to do with it \ufffd in the same way the captain of the Exxon Valdez was responsible for the cleaning up of Prince William Sound.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Wow, good for him!
I'm impressed, really I am. (With some small reservation for this really being the truth; I see you favour the same dubious "newssources" as your bovine namesake.)

Still, that article is also wrong in two ways: For Senator Reid to be doing a good deed "in the same way the captain of the Exxon Valdez was responsible for the cleaning up of Prince William Sound", the Senator would have to be directly responsible for *causing* the problem that is now being alleviated, as that was the captain's only (or at least main) contribution to that earlier one. Is Doug Powers claiming Senator Rid personally killed those soldiers and policemen? And/or are you?

And, still, also, Senator Reid *has* already ponied up once: He wrote the letter that was sold for that ridiculous sum of money. *He* is responsible for Rush having that letter to sell in the first place. Mr Powers' drivel about "A woman gives more than $2 million of her money to a charity"[*] is just that: So much drivel. (Which you are apparently endorsing and expecting us to buy.) She isn't "giving" away her money, she's *buying* something for it.

Also, there are still all the other points in my previous post, the ones you *haven't* answered.

Are you going to?

[*]: And why does he -- and you -- keep gibbering on about the sex of this otherwise anonymous buyer the whole time? Is it because women are supposed to be more "nurturing" or something, so the reader will be -- like, we will (perhaps over-)charitably assume you were -- be fooled into thinking that she is "selflessly giving" something?

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New Re: Wow, good for him!
Is Doug Powers claiming Senator Rid personally killed those soldiers and policemen? And/or are you?
What? You're on crack. Taking this one step too far down the path, my friend. Harry wrote the letter. Now he is trying to take credit for everything after. Exxon guy hit a rock...etc...

And I buy candy bars for silly amounts of money...and I give the candy away. Why, because its being sold for a cause. Its the only time I buy these things. But according to you, thats not charity because I got something for it. I guess fundraisers aren't really fundraisers.

As to when will I point out something on the other side of the aisle? When it would actually result in a conversation. Around here...that isn't likely. Someone has to take the other side...besides Marlowe that is. Guess maybe you'd rather be boring.

Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
     Ok Harry, fork it over. - (bepatient) - (11)
         Why should he? - (hnick) - (1)
             The Lawd enemates in mysterious ways.. - (Ashton)
         Just another example of your unbiased impartiality, right? -NT - (CRConrad) - (8)
             Sure. - (bepatient) - (7)
                 Yeah, but - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                     Of course he did. -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                         Yep...just like Rush. -NT - (Simon_Jester)
                 And how much exactly is St. Rush going to pony up *himself*? - (CRConrad) - (3)
                     Re: And how much exactly is St. Rush going to pony up *himse - (bepatient) - (2)
                         Wow, good for him! - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             Re: Wow, good for him! - (bepatient)

He makes Murphy look like a babbling optimist.
78 ms