IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It appears to me
he was talking about a specific person who misrepresented himself greatly and was used, especially in the blogosphere, as a "just look at these atrocities" rally for the antiwar left.

I'm not sure if there have been other examples or if this is the same guy that was posting blogs that were false. He did, however, generalize from that specific and give these folks the ammo to say (in true sound bite fashion) that Rush only supports troops that support the war and anyone else is phony.

You can't debate this on merit, because Rush has been pretty consistent with Hannity and the others in being very supportive of the troops...but you CAN make a great sound bite out of it.

This quote.

"Look, I want to thank you, Mike, for calling. I appreciate it very much. I gotta -- let me see -- got something -- here is a "Morning Update" that we did recently talking about fake soldiers. This is a story of who the left props up as heroes. And they have their celebrities.

One of them was Jesse MacBeth"

Again, I don't know of more than a couple of examples of folks caught in lies about what they witnessed...so the generalization was not wise.

Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New That is the way he operates
In the first part he is talking about phony soldiers, then uses one example to smear all the soldiers criticizing the war with the same brush.
Seamus
New Regular listener then?
I can only go by the transcript. I'm working when he's on...and that's music...not talk radio.
New Nope
Don't have to listen. Because he is as effective as he is, he is very well scrutinized and his patterns of attack are well publicized.
Seamus
New So he needs to be studied?
I'm sure he'd feel honored.

New Yes, of course he does.
So people can counter his lies, so they don't get spread as "fact" by uncritical mouthpieces like... Oh, I don't know, does any example come to mind?

I assure you there is neither an intention to honour him, nor any reason(*) to feel honoured by it.

Quite the opposite.

(*): Neither for him, and even less for the "talking-point"-spewing mouthpieces like... Oh, if only I could come up with some concrete example! But I'm sure you know what kind of people I mean.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New Another regular listener.
     Hrm. Wonder why this hasn't been posted yet - (bepatient) - (22)
         Guess we have better things to do -NT - (imqwerky)
         Why should it be? - (crazy) - (16)
             I thought that only - (bepatient) - (15)
                 It is dumb to play that game with the republicans - (Seamus) - (7)
                     It appears to me - (bepatient) - (6)
                         That is the way he operates - (Seamus) - (5)
                             Regular listener then? - (bepatient) - (4)
                                 Nope - (Seamus) - (3)
                                     So he needs to be studied? - (bepatient) - (2)
                                         Yes, of course he does. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                             Another regular listener. -NT - (bepatient)
                 Wrong on two counts. (Oh, look, that's all of them!) - (CRConrad) - (6)
                     I equate the 2 acts - (bepatient) - (5)
                         Sending a letter is kind of meaningless - (Seamus) - (2)
                             Regardless. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 Re: Regardless. - (Seamus)
                         CENSORSHIP - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                             Re: CENSORSHIP - (bepatient)
         It is the Democrat response to the MoveOn ad - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
             Fair and Balanced - (bepatient)
         Probably cause - (Simon_Jester)
         But, since we're POSTing Rush... - (Simon_Jester)

Ooops, I'm ranting again... time to get more coffee.
176 ms