IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well if you want to note the differences..
..there are plenty. Current service, etc.

Thanks for proving my point while at the same time trying to tell me it was wrong. I don't insist that its the "only" definition possible, only that it is one that is possible THUS the ad can be construed in that fashion (and indeed was by a good section of people) The invented position of those debating me here is that I don't accept the other definition. Not so. I certainly accept it. I am not limited to it, though you seem to think I should be.

I am also not debating the fairness or accuracy of the details nor their ability to actually run the ad.

My entire point (which seems to be missed on all of your (plural) continual lathering on about me having the audacity to say something bad about the current democratic cadidates (which according to you(p) means by default that I must be a Bushboy), was that it was not wise to do this, that the candidates by necessity would have to distance themselves from it OR suffer the beatdown. Further, a refusal to distance themselves from it would place them (in the minds of the right and centrist voters) in the fringe...and a fringe candidate will have a much harder chance of winning the coming election.

Hill already has strike one. She's a she. She doesn't need any more baggage.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New You don't get it.
I don't care what your point is. I wasn't addressing it till you jumped in focusing on minutia once again. I would watch O'Reilly if I wanted to know what you think. Your "concern" that this will hurt the Dems is duly noted and as duly ignored. I consider the source. If you truly thought this would hurt them you would be encouraging them to do more of the same.

My point is that this is all a tempest in teapot blown out of proportion by those desperate not to talk about what a failure this admin and everything they've done has been.

Take some smelling salts and call me when get over your fainting fit.
-----------------------------------------
Atheism is a religion in the same sense that not collecting stamps is a hobby.
New Fine, your point is duly noted
and your interesting take on my beliefs is also "duly noted". Entirely incorrect. But noted nonetheless.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled delusion.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New I don't know about anyone else, but I was arguing about the
intent of the ad and you seemed to be saying that there really wasn't any other way to interpret their intent as anything other than calling him a traitor:

Who is the "us"
if that means "the american people" then how else do you define it?

But, what we should be discussing is the affect the ad will have. While I think it was a gamble to include the 'Betray Us' in the ad, I don't think it will be as big of a hammer as you do.

The generals acted independently, coming in their own ways to the agonizing decision to defy military tradition and publicly criticize the Bush administration over its conduct of the war in Iraq.

What might be called The Revolt of the Generals has rarely happened in the nation's history.

In op-ed pieces, interviews and TV ads, more than 20 retired U.S. generals have broken ranks with the culture of salute and keep it in the family. Instead, they are criticizing the commander in chief and other top civilian leaders who led the nation into what the generals believe is a misbegotten and tragic war.

I think that what the Generals are saying and what happened to them is going to get more and more press the closer we get to the election. I think the moveon.org ad is going to get lost in an actual discussion about the war and the support this administration has withheld from the military. At least I am hoping.

From [link|http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/world/iraq/20070923-9999-1n23generals.html|San Diego Union-Tribune] 
Seamus
Expand Edited by Seamus Sept. 25, 2007, 09:58:57 AM EDT
New Code of Silence (new thread)
Created as new thread #293552 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=293552|Code of Silence]
Seamus
     The "Betray Us" ad and me. - (Silverlock) - (10)
         404 on Hagel link. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             It's a double-paste. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Thanks! I should have looked at the URL. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Rush Limbaugh? - (bepatient) - (6)
             Since you and he use the same talking points - (Silverlock) - (5)
                 Well if you want to note the differences.. - (bepatient) - (4)
                     You don't get it. - (Silverlock) - (3)
                         Fine, your point is duly noted - (bepatient) - (2)
                             I don't know about anyone else, but I was arguing about the - (Seamus) - (1)
                                 Code of Silence (new thread) - (Seamus)

Take a good plane and shave off all the edges.
50 ms