IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New In the "how cool is this category"
have a chance to meet the papa of C and nix next week.

Not enough to change my mind though. By the end of next month I will be tanning.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New *GRIN*
to both!

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New You'll have to come visit.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Yup!

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New roadtrip!
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Say hey to DMR. :)
This [link|http://plan9.bell-labs.com/who/dmr/|one].
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
New Just one step + one swap from DRL - coincidence? You decide!
New Hrph
Very cool, actually.

Jealous.
New Bill, Ed, Alfred, and Mark
I used to work for BEA back in 1998-1999 when they had an engineering office in Plano, TX for Tuxedo adapters and mainframe products (Connect TCP and Connect SNA). I left in 1999 and the office closed in 2001/2002 as WebLogic took over BEA. I miss BEA.

While I was there, I meet all of them, Bill Coleman and Alfred Chuang on one occasion and Ed Scott on another.

I liked Mark Carges the best. Mark is still there in a CTO role, and I think he's probably smarter technically than any software executive I've met.

I've also met Kraig Brockschmidt who architected COM, back in the day, and I still have his COM book signed, but it's probably not worth much now.

I've also traded email with Robert Lewis and Maggie Biggs, but I haven't kept up with what they're doing, really. I'm bad about keeping up contacts, but trying to get better.

I had a chance to see a "Get Motivated!" conference today with Colin Powell, Zig Ziglar, Goldie Hahn, Steve Forbes, Avery Johnson, and someone else I can't remember, but after checking the Internet, I found out it was for some really expensive sales training. And I would have to share the experience with 30,000 other people. Not exactly my idea of a fun time. And I've already met Zig Ziglar in person anyway.

Enjoy your meeting with Dennis, and I hope it goes well. Brilliant minds tend to "collaborate" as I always say.

Glen Austin
Expand Edited by gdaustin Sept. 25, 2007, 11:04:00 PM EDT
New Maggie shows up here from time to time.
And on Jabber. She's good at remembering people, I've found.

I'm not sure I should admit this, but I've met John McAfee. It was after his company started to run away without him, as it were.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

· my ·
· [link|http://staticsan.livejournal.com/|blog] ·
· [link|http://yceran.org/|website] ·

New Yes...
first name dot last name at google's mail platform to make contact...and, yes, I do remember you.

-slugbug
     In the "how cool is this category" - (bepatient) - (10)
         *GRIN* - (imric) - (3)
             You'll have to come visit. -NT - (bepatient) - (2)
                 Yup! -NT - (imric) - (1)
                     roadtrip! -NT - (boxley)
         Say hey to DMR. :) - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Just one step + one swap from DRL - coincidence? You decide! -NT - (CRConrad)
         Hrph - (crazy)
         Bill, Ed, Alfred, and Mark - (gdaustin) - (2)
             Maggie shows up here from time to time. - (static)
             Yes... - (slugbug)

Same thing we do every night, Pinky... try to take over the WORLD!
100 ms