IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New This reminds me of what Keith Olbermann had to say
[link|http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20896378/|Olbermann to Bush: \ufffdYour hypocrisy is so vast\ufffd] 

\ufffdAnd I was disappointed that not more leaders in the Democrat party spoke out strongly against that kind of ad.

\ufffdAnd that leads me to come to this conclusion: that most Democrats are afraid of irritating a left-wing group like Moveon.org or more afraid of irritating them, than they are of irritating the United States military.\ufffd

\ufffdThat was a sorry deal.\ufffd

First off, it\ufffds \ufffdDemocrat-ic\ufffd party.

You keep pretending you\ufffdre not a politician, so stop using words your party made up. Show a little respect.

Secondly, you could say this seriously after the advertising/mugging of Senator Max Cleland? After the swift-boating of John Kerry?

But most importantly, making that the last question?

So that there was no chance at a follow-up?

So nobody could point out, as Chris Matthews so incisively did, a week ago tonight, that you were the one who inappropriately interjected General Petraeus into the political dialogue of this nation in the first place!

Deliberately, premeditatedly, and virtually without precedent, you shanghaied a military man as your personal spokesman and now you\ufffdre complaining about the outcome, and then running away from the microphone?

Seamus
New I find it surprising that Olbermann is still on..
Given the Times.

I get to see him occasionally / friend with cable.
(I'd think he needs a better editor, given the length of some of his rants.. except that, unlike most of us -- even his filler digressions are so often al punte, too.)
Hypocrisy -- if ever there were a Better Single Word summing up the Peeple, their Leader and the process by which they choose each other - I can't imagine that word.

We have a whole fucking year to hear reiteration of the spineless defending the jellyfish VS the chicken hawks defending their, 'I'll-hold-your-coat: let's see you and him fight forever'. And I've seen two replays of exactly the same mindless button-pushing (proven to be just as effective, Each Time.) We appear incapable of memory. Now it is more grotesque, louder.. atop the utter boring refrain.

Only.. this time around there's no Smothers Brothers or Laugh-in [General Bull Right] to be cancelled - so I'm waiting for wimpy-MSNBC's 'reasons' when Olbermann gets the axe.

Hoped to be able to see this all as comedy, but the recent inundation of WW-II reminiscences (what.. with no 'anniversary' thing?) reminds what is at stake, now again: acquiescing to Brown Shirts. Wonder if PBS could do a dramatizarion of It Can't Happen Here -??- despite [link|http://www.saukherald.com/ftp/lewis/stories.html| this opinion] of problems with today's short attention span
"The content and observations are still as fresh and crisp as they were in 1920, said Jim Umhoefer, writer and member of the Sinclair Lewis Foundation. Umhoefer said the writing style is harder to read for today's audience due to the wordiness."Main Street is the perception of one individual on small-town America," said Paul Theisen, mayor of Sauk Centre." I don't think his perception was correct. I don't think it ever did exist the way he portrayed it."
That's re Main Street, but ~ for the other. Other problems - relating the pre-'30s milieu to people who have no idea who Father Coughlan, (the radio preacher model) was (nor G\ufffdbbels, nor..) Oh well.

One Year in repetition purgatory: we are All sentenced to that, without trial and no appeal.
Pics of lots of dead 21 yo's on Lehrer closing screen, too - like just now. We have no shame.

New He is signed until 2011 according to Wikipedia
I don't have cable, but I watch his countdown clips on the [link|http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/|Countdown]  website.
Seamus
New Hmm, there's a thought -
Even on dial-up - it can thrash away while doing chores, thought the ratio:visual minutes is laughable.

Hard to imagine *him* wanting to stay that long (?) but his contract could always be bought out ..if screaming evangels are at the studio HQ, with burning faggots. :-0

Just for Beep: Achenblog on the attacks on Hillary. - (Another Scott) - (83)
         She can't distance herself from her money - (bepatient) - (82)
             I don't think she should - (jake123) - (23)
                 I don't really care if they were right or not - (bepatient) - (22)
                     *COUGH* -NT - (Simon_Jester) - (7)
                         Maybe I should be more clear - (bepatient) - (6)
                             But its quite OK to endorse a personal insult - (jb4) - (1)
                                 I don't believe I've ever said that. - (bepatient)
                             > Would that 11th Commandment include Colin Powell, then? < - (Ashton) - (3)
                                 Many good points. Thanks. - (Another Scott)
                                 I don't understand you. - (bepatient)
                                 I almost brought up the Truman-McDouglas issue - (Simon_Jester)
                     So the dems should bend over and take it - (crazy) - (10)
                         What? - (bepatient) - (9)
                             Damn close - (crazy) - (8)
                                 Indeed. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     "Betray us", just quoting the troops. -NT - (Silverlock)
                                     2 completely different things. -NT - (bepatient)
                                 FWIW - Cindy Sheehan's response re MoveOn ad - (Ashton) - (4)
                                     This reminds me of what Keith Olbermann had to say - (Seamus) - (3)
                                         I find it surprising that Olbermann is still on.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                             He is signed until 2011 according to Wikipedia - (Seamus) - (1)
                                                 Hmm, there's a thought - - (Ashton)
                     Petraeus is a big boy - I'm sure he's been called worse. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         I'm sure he is and I'm sure he doesn't care. - (bepatient)
                     1.5 minutes of Hannity, Rush et al == 50 of this - (Ashton)
             Why should she say anything? - (hnick) - (57)
                 Someone here put forth - (bepatient) - (56)
                     She voted no to this strawman. -NT - (Silverlock)
                     Re: Someone here put forth - (Seamus)
                     I was thinking more in terms olf Another Scott's post - (hnick)
                     Let's hear from the professionals, beep, shall we? - (rcareaga) - (52)
                         No problem with that at all - (bepatient) - (51)
                             Re: No problem with that at all - (Seamus) - (50)
                                 Re: No problem with that at all - (bepatient) - (49)
                                     I'm beginning to think you read a different ad. - (Another Scott) - (32)
                                         Huh? - (bepatient) - (31)
                                             Read the links... -NT - (Another Scott) - (30)
                                                 Re: Read the links... - (bepatient) - (29)
                                                     We'll have to agree to disagree. - (Another Scott) - (25)
                                                         You linked to the definition - (bepatient) - (24)
                                                             Please read me in my posts. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                                                                 What has he NOT "fallen for the Republican spin machine" on? -NT - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                                     Quite a bit. But what do you know. -NT - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                         Quite a bit - I've known you for over ten years now. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                             Thats funny - (bepatient)
                                                                 You told me to read the link. - (bepatient) - (9)
                                                                     Oh, bullpucky! - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                         BS - straight up. (new thread) - (bepatient)
                                                                     The definition you quoted from was used to explain - (Seamus) - (6)
                                                                         Go to the dictionary. -NT - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                                             You are just playing with the context - (Seamus) - (4)
                                                                                 Give me a break - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                                     It is absurd for you not to admit that there are different - (Seamus) - (2)
                                                                                         Not worth it - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                             It just may do that - (Seamus)
                                                             "Betray" was necessary to make it rhyme. - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
                                                                 *Ding* *Ding* *Ding* -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                 schoolyard name-calling - (rcareaga) - (6)
                                                                     There you go again - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                                         Ok, so I lied. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                             Short answer (and no biggie, welcome back) - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                                 To me it is just as important a candidate support - (Seamus) - (1)
                                                                                     That hasn't panned out historically - (bepatient)
                                                                                 2008 is not 1988. - (Another Scott)
                                                     Well, by that definition, MoveOn.org is right - (jb4) - (2)
                                                         Thanks for the affirmation - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                             NO...but it does happen - (jb4)
                                     Re: No problem with that at all - (Seamus) - (4)
                                         Re: No problem with that at all - (bepatient) - (3)
                                             Stupid, but they still, IMO, were not calling Gen. Peatrus - (Seamus) - (2)
                                                 Well then petition Webster to change the definition - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                     I don't have to petition Websters - (Seamus)
                                     You seem to be ignoring a major point. - (hnick) - (10)
                                         No I'm not - (bepatient) - (6)
                                             But you also said that - (Seamus) - (5)
                                                 What I'd seen - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                     Just curious, where did you see that? -NT - (Seamus) - (1)
                                                         Gonna have to get my laptop back - (bepatient)
                                                     Are you KIDDING me? - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                         She hasn't yet. - (bepatient)
                                         Actually he's not - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                             All right. Difference of opinion is all. - (hnick) - (1)
                                                 Nor can I - (Simon_Jester)

G'day, mate, throw another Mozart on the harpsichord!
162 ms