and I may have misunderstood the situation. It was my understanding that the moveon guys did their thing, the Reps responded with a resolution to condemn it, and the Dems jumped on board to save their useless skins. As Silverlock pointed out, it was a strawman and I consider that it should have been ignored or spun back on the sponsors. Keep in mind that the guy saying that it was "growing a spine" signs himself "crazy" and he should probably know...

What kind of support can the military expect from these guys if they can't even place a vote in support of one of the highest ranking officers of the military?

That highest ranking officer was in Dizzy City to present Bush's delusions as military fact. I would say that not taking him at his word without reservation is in a large way supporting the troops. Better support would be to get their asses home. Suppressing the bill of rights because somebody else suggested that he was a political hack has nothing to do with the troops. That said, almost everybody running would sacrifice any number of troops if it would get them elected. Of course troop support is bullshit, but that's what you get out of bulls and politicians.