IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Only parts?
Same ownership, same opprobrium. Fuck 'em and every product they make. Ever. I can hold a grudge so tight it squeaks.

I will never knowingly buy another Sony product. You do what you want.
-----------------------------------------
Atheism is a religion in the same sense that not collecting stamps is a hobby.
New Sony have outlived original Earned rep -
When the first color TVs (in 14" initially) arrived - they were order/magnitued Better in every measurable way - reliable to the point of absurdity, even with typ Murican abuse of all things technical not-comprehended (that would be: Most things.)

My '86 SLHF-650 Super-Beta continues to work flawlessly, as do several radio-type gadgets from the '70s and into early '90s. CU (Consumer Reports) lists the annual repair MTBFs which chronicle their fall from unquestionable Numero Uno.

The pioneers, like the brilliant [link|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Made_in_Japan_(biography)| Akio Morita] himself: be Daid, along with much of that earned Integrity capital .

My last Sony purchase ~ 4? years ago, a 24" WEGA flat-tube performs well, thus far, has all the connection tailfins/switching I'm likely to 'need'. I do not expect comparable longevity to above exceptional designs -- but the close-out giveaway price at one of the local chains ($220ish IIRC) was simply too attractive a replacement for a ratty 20". (And I was not about to buy a >24" CRT unit for all reasons of moving such, sans fork-lift.)

Concur re the Character of the post-Morita Suits; Murica has set the Lead Standard for corporate connivance / RIAA whole-heartless unconditional support; I say, too: Fuck 'Em and the MBAs they rode in on.

PS - Sony was a Phenom, as I've mentioned before re pioneering of a bitchin FM portable + tuner and all those other Firsts. Have already reported my ["ignoring-Xerox" grade] faux pa$: I went so far as to inquire re Sony stock (who in Murica contemplated *buying* Furrin Stocks in late '50s/early '60s?!?) -- was ~ $1 US at time. Thought I might get a round tuit.

And THAT's why my Learjet is not in one of my hangars.
Oh Well.. saved self from one major source of corruption, I wot. All techno oriented folk are vulnerable to the mesmerization of unlimited toys: this is Not an 'advantage' to the development of consciousness.
(These assholes with personal 767s are the QED, the epitome of wealth without conscience.)

New I agree, I think they've largely lost their way.
But are bumbling around with it rather than making a horrible mess.

They've had quite a number of good products and good technology down through the decades, some of which they even marketed effectively. The old 3.5" floppy. The Walkman. Their half of the original Compact Disc. Heck, even the PlayStation, though it's looking like its success (and that of its successor) was as much due to good luck as good management. Others were simply mishandled. The Beta video format. ATRAC and MiniDiscs.

They need a Steve Jobs or a Bill Gates to be The Figure. Someone to have mad ideas almost in public and then pull at least half of them off. (FWIW, this was the same thing IBM was missing had when they were pitching OS/2 against Windows.) It doesn't matter if it's a smoke-and-mirrors act. It just has to work.

In a way, they've got Roland's problem: they make a lot of different things, but that means that good stuff will get made as a matter of statistics. The problem with that is that a lot of shit gets made as well. But the advantage of that is that is supports a company of that size. :-/

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

· my ·
· [link|http://staticsan.livejournal.com/|blog] ·
· [link|http://yceran.org/|website] ·

Video projectors - considering a Viewsonic PJ658. - (static) - (8)
         Is that really the best compromise? - (Another Scott) - (7)
             That looks a good find! - (static)
             But, Sony is evil! :) - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                 True. But that's the Music arm. 46 kB .img - (Another Scott)
                 Only parts. :-) - (static) - (3)
                     Only parts? - (Silverlock) - (2)
                         Sony have outlived original Earned rep - - (Ashton) - (1)
                             I agree, I think they've largely lost their way. - (static)

Dr. Peter prescribes a nice warm cup of shut the hell up.
39 ms