IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That's a matter of preference, I guess
I used WPS pretty extensively for a number of years, and in my opinion it's cack. :-)

YMMV, and obviously does, however.

Of course, I use Gnome as a place to hang widgets and a means of popping up a window I can type "firefox" or "emacs" into, so my use is hardly typical.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Well, a lot of the problems people had with it
were not WPS problems, but were PM problems, but after the divorce IBM wasn't putting any resources into that as the benefits would flow to MSFT.

That said, did you ever try the WPS with XWorkplace? The extensions it made to the WPS revealed very clearly the potential of the shell, even more so when one considers that it was coded on a part-time basis by a guy who was also going to law school at the time.

Finally, as a desktop-metaphor type of shell, gnome is not very good at it. There are some basics that it gets right, but overall it's not really that good. For example, as I said earlier, its disk-management tool sucks.

The real benefit is more because of X than Gnome, which is programs that I generally use on warp do a better job because of X's greater capabilities, esp. in the font department.
New Richard Hodges had a dream.
[link|http://www.rusbasan.com/Humor/OS2_Dream.html|OS/2 2.0 Workplace Shell Dream].

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who was also a WPS fan.)
     Well, I'm liking it so far, for the most part - (jake123) - (4)
         That's a matter of preference, I guess - (admin) - (2)
             Well, a lot of the problems people had with it - (jake123) - (1)
                 Richard Hodges had a dream. - (Another Scott)
         There's been people wanting WPS on Linux for ages. - (static)

Reillusionment... what a concept.
35 ms