IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Better description
[link|http://www.merkfund.com/merk-perspective/insights/2007-02-06.html|http://www.merkfund....s/2007-02-06.html]

Not necessarily agreeing with his conclusion...but the basic description of the issue is very good.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New lets separate credit expansion from printing more money
credit expansion allows more goods to be bought with the same amount of money
I have $100
pack of cigs is $5
Beep loans me $50 dollars which the vig is 10%
Beep bundles my loan with skip doc and alex and convinces nother scott to by the loan for $50.00 down
the loans are worth $165 face value plus vig
they can only buy 33 packs of cigs
If skip me and doc all refuse to pay and turn in 30 packs of cigs, face value borrowed beep and nother scott will be out nothing. However of they borrowed the money to buy the notes, they are out their cigs and vig

that is credit expansion

Money supply expansion is beep sells cigs for $5

I keep printing $5 dollar bill

Beep notices and starts charging $10 for cigs. Finite goods with an expanding money supply is inflationary.
Credit expansions are not. Neither are good for the economy

thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Thats M1 and 2
both are ok and the credit expansion is controlled by the policies of the banking system.

What is happening now is that a huge expansion is now outside of the control of the governments...this being credit derivatives.

They are bad because there is really no system of control over them.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Yeah, that's good. Until he starts selling his Gold fund...
     Woot! Average Weekly Earnings up in the US last month! - (Another Scott) - (8)
         The problem is not with M1 or 2 - (bepatient) - (7)
             Could you elaborate, please. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                 It won't, thats my point - (bepatient) - (1)
                     Ah, I misread you. Thanks. I'll check the links. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Better description - (bepatient) - (3)
                     lets separate credit expansion from printing more money - (boxley) - (1)
                         Thats M1 and 2 - (bepatient)
                     Yeah, that's good. Until he starts selling his Gold fund... -NT - (Another Scott)

Determined absurdity.
84 ms