IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New This is what "global warming" is all about
[link|http://www.climatecare.org/projects/technologies/|http://www.climateca...cts/technologies/]

[link|http://www.climatecare.org/projects/technologies/human-energy/|http://www.climateca...ies/human-energy/]

A civilization that damns life will not survive. Some people have a death wish and would like to spread it wide and far, that's all. The only way to stop polluting is to lay down and die.

------

179. I will not outsource core functions.
--
[link|http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord2.htm|.]

New Yeah, and the fact that the polar ice cap is continuing to
shrink to record smallness every year for the last three years has nothing to do with global warming.

Polar bears will probably be gone within a couple of decades.

So, if I can find a loony polluter freemarket guru do I get to condemn all of capitalism?
New Basically, yes
>>>>>>>>>>
So, if I can find a loony polluter freemarket guru do I get to condemn all of capitalism?
<<<<<<<<<<

From my experience on this board, yes :)

In general, pollution is indeed the evil correlated with free market. Because free market maximizes production and consumption. And both of them result in pollution.

And the alternative to pollution? Lack of production/consumption it seems.

In any case, I was trying to make a different point. Regardless of the origin of the warming trend we're seeing (it's human-made nature is not certain at all), a lot of people would use any excuse to stop the development of technology. If Global Warming did not exist, they would have to invent it.

------

--

New which part is melting?
baffin lab no, russian, beufort and every other place the fuckers dropped leaking nuke generators, yes. Interesting eh?
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Look at this map (image, 26K)
[image|http://soundingcircle.com/newslog2.php/__show_article/_a000195-000896.htm||||]

Looking at how the land is, and looking at the various straits between the islands of the arctic archipelago have changed, it's not because of nukes. Finally, Inuit in Canada have been sounding the alarm about the disappearing ice by writing articles about the threats to how they live that are created by the melting, via things like writing articles in the papers here. According to them, there are big big changes happening; I tend to believe them.
New Wow, that link was pretty well hidden!
The only "image" in your post that immediately meets the eye is the *text* "Image".

Aha -- seems you have conflated the "image" and "link" tags; at least in my browser (FireFox 2.0.0.6), all that was shown was the "Alt" content, "Image".

Here's the link again, in "a href" format: [link|http://soundingcircle.com/newslog2.php/__show_article/_a000195-000896.htm| Sounding Circle: Arctic Ice Satellite Photos] .

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
Expand Edited by CRConrad Sept. 9, 2007, 03:40:57 AM EDT
New I got it by right clicking on "Image" and . . .
. . selecting "View Image" from the context menu.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Yup, I see now that that works too.
I selected a swatch including it, and did a "View Selection Source". :-)

Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New look at the spot where the russians arnt dumping nukes,
lotsa ice in the can/euro portion. Beufort and russian arctic, no ice. Is there a problem? you bet but the problem may be caused by heatproducing trash on the ocean floor than driving SUV's miles south
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

New Sure, Box - let's see your Kw-Hr calculations, the measured
rad levels?
the output energy/min of those reactors? a sittin there and regularly fissioning away at Juuust the right temp not to melt down (they be sooo Automatic donchaknow?)
# tons seawater raised Y degrees/minute? - you know:
The Basic Stuff etc.

Surely Mr. Kristol posts that info in these little scientific investigations for you Insiders.
(Or would it be the Rosicrucians handling the numbers this time around?)

Of course if this a firm Belief, well then -
one certainly can't trust any of those renegade scientists, all scheming to hide Special-grade info from everybody but the Insiders, now can one?

(Of course too, the 'moon landings" were all done on a sound stage.. but some Real Deep Info about that seems to have leaked out too, of late. I'm sure they didn't fool You though, Dr.Watson - even right here at the Mesmer Club.)

If it's just the sauce.. doing this stuff?
well, pure branch water will keep the Purity-of-Essence, Peace-on-Earth recall codes visible -- and still preserve your precious bodily fluids from contamination by science renegades.

[OK they Told me to say that. You're just too smart for Us All ...]
New hey, you are the nuke expert, tell me
[link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/inatl/longterm/coldwar/russia111698.htm|http://www.washingto.../russia111698.htm]
The special train is at the center of a logistical and financial bottleneck that is making this region one of the most dangerous nuclear dumping grounds in the world. The Arctic seascape here has become a graveyard for the once feared fleet of Soviet nuclear-powered submarines. Highly radioactive spent fuel from their nuclear reactors has been piling up in storage tanks and open-air bins, on military bases and in shipyards. In some cases the fuel has broken and tanks have leaked.
sure must be those evul suv's driven by repos or private jets or sumpin.
thanx,
bill

New Interesting 9 yo report on the mess of USSR rad control -
would be nice to see something remotely verifiable re the 2007 contamination situation, not merely in Russian controlled space - but in the ex-satellites, too. (There are plenty of off-limits inland sites.. only barely reported on, all these years later.)

But conflating their atrocious record of mindless contamination, from the very first - and whatever is the current situation re funding (local or donated) -- with -- "that's why the icebergs are melting" is pure Boxlish, and needs no fancy nukular calcs. at all.

Look up the specific heat of water, then sea water - estimate the cubic MILES of seawater near some (arbitrary radius-of) "dumped reactor site". Search for some indication of the max power output of a typ Soviet submarine reactor (also the odds of its melt-down under sinking conditions - while at it.) And if it Did "melt-down": the est. total energy release of that (far as I've heard) neva-hoppen-event.

Comparing that volume of sea water, the temp rise you put some number on -- and the Total Energy of either:
1) reactor humming along at full power automatically, way down there, or
2) Total Energy release from a er 'fast criticality'
-- is just arithmetic, not even algebra.

Best to do that before solving "silly warming cha cha cha" / or trying to lampoon that which you're too lazy to seriously investigate - first.

Not my job. Hint, though: raising the seawater temp "in that whole 'sea' area" even 1\ufffd - will need the use of [E] just like you have to do with your slide rule, to keep track of Gigawatts and such. Then note the 'shielding' characteristics of huge amounts of water, for various energies, particles.

New excellent answer, now explain how humans
driving SUV's in CA produce more arctic sea water heat than nukes actually in the arctic sea water. Without some sunshine effect you will be at a loss
thanx,
bill

New Yup. Sunshine effect.
Greenhouse effect.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Are you just very very good at PLAYING stupid, or ARE you... (new thread)
Created as new thread #292759 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=292759|Are you just very very good at PLAYING stupid, or ARE you...]

New It's lucky we found out in time!
Lessee - the passengers on the space ship are complaining about some comforts being curtailed, in the interest of keeping the atmosphere filters running and not sweating too much.

D'Oh - Of Course!
If we just start ripping out the Zebrano panelling in First Class and burning that in the fireplace - it will still be toasty for those marshmallow roasts / the passengers will be so happy.

Because Roasts we Must Have. (Screw the goo that gets on those stodgy old filter-things - what we Want is Fun! Fun! Fun!)

Thanks for clearing it all up; {Wheh}

I'd never have guessed it was this simple. Dumb moi.

New Lett me know when
you'll start using a threadle pump for your running water at home.

I think that, using your spaceship analogy, the passengers in 3rd class are told to skip 2 breaths out of 3 because there is a faint likelihood of CO2 absorber failure 50 years from now, and we just can't be too careful (at the 3rd class expense).

I think we discussed this before... I am still waiting for the answer from you: what is the alternative to the CO2-producing technology that does not involve billions dying of hunger? I expect that something will show up eventually. But do you have anything now, apart from "let's stop producing"?

------

--

New nukes, lots of them

New I could handle my needs with a hand well-pump
- or solar or (in winter) via an old car alternator+paddles, sitting on a board across the creek. The bladder in storage tank will smooth out the avg-pressure.

50 years, eh? (I'm sure I told the story about the airline passenger from a town in Switzerland - working on their 500-year Plan.) It's just such a Bother to plan ahead such a Loooong time - we should just pretend that it doesn't matter that the space ship passengers are screwing at an exponential rate, while the ship's algae farms cannot expand even at a geometric rate.

[Ooooh - he said population. We Are Not to Think about That.]

And: those who do choose to face the impossible convergence of these two lines on the graph? Surely these "hate life" ie WDYHASM transliterated. You sure have a way with mindless slogans. Even the implicit ones.

Try this, then -

The only alternative to 'billions dying' is - not adding the billions, in the first place. Or.. they WILL die. Probably fighting over some murky water and half-rotten rutabagas. Ugly.

Voluntary population control shall be, inevitably, filtered through the priests of the world - such as the world currently is. Since the major causes of violence and lust for power are religion and testosterone -- perhaps the first stage in ever seriously planning for survival (even longer than that Difficult 50 years) might be:

Governance next, by agnostic females.

Hey.. it's Better than what you advocate:
"Choose 'Life'! Don't Think about the {ugh} math, the signs or that factual-type rubbish! Have faith\ufffd it will all work out and ... Buy More Hummers."

(Nor need we worry our pretty-little heads. Let the entrepreneurs increase profit, efficiency: via maximizing consumption - and all can retire to a life of golf. Can a Chinese '59 Cadillac El Dorado Replica be far behind?)

ie. We could not possibly proceed *without* techno - it's much too late now, for a fork (had we seen, in time - the consequences of that terminal virus, Affluenza.). But no amount of techno will permit continuation of the degree of waste upon which we have built our Disneyland - in any future.

As to gleefully expanding our premeditated-waste-culture worldwide? (Too!)

Surely. [Even- ] You. Jest.

New Well, we all know what a success 5 year plans were
Surely 50 year plans are better. And 500 year plans are better still.

Yes, "choose life" is indeed my motto. Yes, I do have faith that humanity, sufficiently squeezed for oil, will come up with a nicer alternative. Especially the humanity augmented by all those billions that you think should not be born. That faith comes from a larger faith I have, and from historical experience. The humanity is always a hundred years away from being wiped out for some reason or another.

You know, your posts are getting better and better. Your true colors are really coming through. Keep the poor people poor, don't have babies, do not "choose life". Box and you are really saying the same thing, except he is jesting and you are dead serious. Literally.

------

--

New Yeah, coz every sperm *is* ever so sacred! (Sheesh...!)
New add whale after sperm, see who changes sides

New Well, at least a whale is *life* ...
(You wanna open cans of worms, try *that* one! :-)
New or lunch, depending on taste

New Fine non sequitur there. Keep on the good fight. Huzzah!

------

--

New "Non sequitur"?!? You sure you know what that means?
(Sorry, I can't be bothered to put that in the fancy Princess-Bride-Quote form when you're so obviously just being a knee-jerk fuckwit.)

Just explain what is so "non sequitur" about my Python allusion: How the fucking Hell does it NOT follow directly and inexorably from your gibbering about all those billions (of extra mouths to feed) that YOU apparently think SHOULD be born?

This is what "global warming" is all about - (Arkadiy) - (25)
         Yeah, and the fact that the polar ice cap is continuing to - (jake123) - (13)
             Basically, yes - (Arkadiy)
             which part is melting? - (boxley) - (11)
                 Look at this map (image, 26K) - (jake123) - (10)
                     Wow, that link was pretty well hidden! - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         I got it by right clicking on "Image" and . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             Yup, I see now that that works too. - (CRConrad)
                     look at the spot where the russians arnt dumping nukes, - (boxley) - (6)
                         Sure, Box - let's see your Kw-Hr calculations, the measured - (Ashton) - (5)
                             hey, you are the nuke expert, tell me - (boxley) - (4)
                                 Interesting 9 yo report on the mess of USSR rad control - - (Ashton) - (3)
                                     excellent answer, now explain how humans - (boxley) - (2)
                                         Yup. Sunshine effect. - (imric)
                                         Are you just very very good at PLAYING stupid, or ARE you... (new thread) - (CRConrad)
         It's lucky we found out in time! - (Ashton) - (10)
             Lett me know when - (Arkadiy) - (9)
                 nukes, lots of them -NT - (boxley)
                 I could handle my needs with a hand well-pump - (Ashton) - (7)
                     Well, we all know what a success 5 year plans were - (Arkadiy) - (6)
                         Yeah, coz every sperm *is* ever so sacred! (Sheesh...!) -NT - (CRConrad) - (5)
                             add whale after sperm, see who changes sides -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Well, at least a whale is *life* ... -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                     or lunch, depending on taste -NT - (boxley)
                             Fine non sequitur there. Keep on the good fight. Huzzah! -NT - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                 "Non sequitur"?!? You sure you know what that means? - (CRConrad)

Laugh it up, fuzzball.
260 ms