IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Seems a bit counterproductive
#1 - You are setting your daughter up for a fall. Are you willing to risk her getting bad grades for your cause? Simply using a non-approved program will probably do that.

#2 - The people who made the decision to use MS aren't real bright, but they ARE in trusted positions. You aren't. So your letter campaign will be tossed aside (best case), or used against your kid (worst case).

Do what I did when I thought the school board was doing something stupid in tech. Show up an a board of education public meeting. Make friends. Speak publicly, stroking their egos, while at the same time establishing your tech cred. Make a connection with a board member. Thought the member, push your agenda.

I found a board member that wasn't technical and was getting snowed by the IT crew. She latched onto me as her tech resource, and then we worked together.

Unless you are willing to invest the face time, the attendance time, and show that you are willing to hang out REALLY late into the evening when they vote on budget issues and don't want the public there, then you can be ignored.
New ayup, bigtime
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Thanks for the advice.
Not.

First of all, I don't have two centuries to get all touchy feely with the idiots on the school board. Second, the worst thing that could happen to my daughter is that she'll have to learn two word processors.

"risk bad grades". Feh. My daughter is a straight A student who consistently scores highest in her school on the state exams.

Finally, don't ever, and I mean ever, even hint that I would put either of my daughters in harms way, fuckwit.
bcnu,
Mikem

Microsoft Vista. The best reason ever to buy a Mac.
New Kiss kiss
to you too.

Sigh.
     Feisty wine problem. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
         Is VMWare an option for you? - (crazy)
         Is Crossover Office an option? - (Another Scott)
         Try a German Red one, they're usually more docile. HTH! -NT - (CRConrad)
         Is OpenOffice.org not an option? - (pwhysall)
         Debug flags - (scoenye)
         Thanks all. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
             Seems a bit counterproductive - (crazy) - (3)
                 ayup, bigtime -NT - (boxley)
                 Thanks for the advice. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     Kiss kiss - (crazy)

I can negate every one of your facts with unverified information I've gotten from the internet machine.
79 ms