IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Additionally...
Our electoral college system doesn't seem dissimilar to that of the European Union, where each country votes individually and has a set number of council votes allocated to it and smaller countries having a disproportionately larger share of the votes.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Yeah, and we all know how well that's working out
;)

Lots of people pissed off by the edicts coming out of Brussels these days, esp. in the business community.

As for the weight given to rural vs. urban votes; let's not forget that previous to WWII, the majority of the population lived in rural areas; it wasn't until the advent of industrial farming practices and mechanization that most people in North America moved off the land and into the cities... so that weighting actually reflected reality until recently. Considering the proportion of the nation's bills that are paid by urbanites (the vast majority, esp. in a country like mine where more people actually live in the cities) the extra weighting given to rural people seems more like a rip-off than anything else.

Finally, isn't the extra weighting given to rural districts in the House of Representatives, as well as the equal weighting given to both small and large states in the Senate, enough to assure that the interests of the small are well considered next to those of the large? Seeing as our political philosophy is based on the individual, it seems both more democratic and more sensible to choose the chief executive strictly on the basis of how many votes they got.
New congress is weighted to the population centers
x amount of headcount = congressional district. Alaska only has one congress critter but 2 senators, same as everyone else.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     California initiative to keep the President Republican - (Another Scott) - (14)
         I thought at first it was a further decouping of the voting. - (static) - (1)
             I seem to recall one state . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         no point in letting locals be represented - (boxley) - (11)
             An even better idea - (jake123) - (10)
                 nope, bad idea - (boxley) - (9)
                     And what exactly is wrong with that? - (CRConrad) - (6)
                         We've got a long history of having a federal system. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                             Additionally... - (admin) - (2)
                                 Yeah, and we all know how well that's working out - (jake123) - (1)
                                     congress is weighted to the population centers - (boxley)
                             As long as NC is one of the eleven states, ... - (a6l6e6x)
                             But the noble intent of all these arrangements remains - - (Ashton)
                     Don't know what yer talking about - (jb4) - (1)
                         thank you for making my point -NT - (boxley)

Mmmmm... warm chunky cheese Danish... in a cup! How convenient is that??
126 ms