IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Once again
I concede the point of other associated costs being lowered and making things better overall. I'm not convinced that is the thinking of those persuing these earmarked tax projects.

And you know, all those folks that quit smoking are going to be buying chocolate and/or McD's french fries as a replacement...so are we >really< going to save money? (or does that wait until we tax >everything< thats bad for you?)
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Clearly the solution is to . . .
. . tax smoking so high almost everyone quits or switches to grass (either kind). Those in withdrawal will blimp up on McD's Double Gross Macs and Choco-Bombs.

The next step is to set up a liposuction clinic at every convenient shopping mall. The byproducts from these clinics can then be refined down into biodiesel. Slap a fuel tax on biodiesel and you have your revenue stream.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New That is a plan .
Bic Mac to Biodiesel...

"Dude, I just filled up on grandma...doesn't she look great?!"
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Why not cut to the chase?
Since it is now apparent:
(after 50+ years' writings on population growth, the differences between geometric / other growth curves)

- that No one deems it possible even to rationally discuss the idea of an ~optimum biped-load/m\ufffd.

- that, even if 'discussed' - corporate religio will never concede the necessity of changing anything about its Perfectly-Revealed laissez-faire non-plan, since 'planetary survival' is irrelevant when you have 17 virgins waiting - Real Soon.

- that: simply, the species is unlikely to attempt any solution whatsoever, shall remain preoccupied with married homos and shopping - -

Isn't it about time to follow the blueprint already drawn (and with Jenny Agutter, yet?)

[link|http://imdb.com/title/tt0074812/| Logan's Run]

No problemo with the {truly} 'palm-sized' Indicator. Ez-peasy now.
30 may be a bit short - if anyone is to be ept enough to run the machines.

OK, nuke at 40: don't need no steenkin geriatrists: you get to live fast, die young and have a good looking corpse. Oh: number heard en passant, recently --
out of 98.000 US physician grads in 1998: 384 were geriatrists.

Clearly ... this ratio demonstrates conclusively that Logan's Run is already being worked-up for Operation Terrestrial Lebensraum. Rest case.

(Perhaps commenced just after the Captains of Industry emerge from the bunker, a few years after the Great ME<>Murican War - just a minor skirmish though; no major effect on the growth curve, so OTL resumes. The Animatronic Pope Altruism the First goes along.)

There: a Solution.

opTy

Expand Edited by Ashton Aug. 12, 2007, 02:50:20 AM EDT
New So what does Bush know?
Earmarked taxes are often abused. Those taxes will go to healthcare but an equal amount of general funds will be later diverted away. When smoking tax revenue drops, some general funds will be diverted back. The cash diverted out will be spent on something else as yet unspecified. So what is the President trying to block? Is he blocking a known project or is it just blocking some unknown, future spending? Or is it something else?

Of course Congress are less than honest. Shall we give Bush the benefit of the doubt and assume he's blocking some unspecified, corrupt spending, which will be worse than the smoking that can be prevented? Or shall we be more cynical and assume he's playing his normal game of silly buggers.

As for the alternate, consumer spending. Junk food is not as bad as inhaling smoke and powerful poisons on a regular basis. Still a good thing to do.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New you will spend more in the long run
smokers die early, usual collect no retirement. You need to lower the ciggie tax and get more people smoking before the boomers hit retirement age.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     Smart Tax Policy??? - (bepatient) - (20)
         Still worth it. - (Andrew Grygus)
         How can reducing smoking be a bad thing to be vetoed? -NT - (warmachine) - (13)
             Not the point - (bepatient) - (12)
                 Reducing smoking reduces healthcare costs - (warmachine) - (11)
                     Once again - (bepatient) - (5)
                         Clearly the solution is to . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                             That is a plan . - (bepatient)
                             Why not cut to the chase? - (Ashton)
                         So what does Bush know? - (warmachine) - (1)
                             you will spend more in the long run - (boxley)
                     Not so fast! - (danreck) - (4)
                         Well, you're right - (jake123)
                         You hold on, too! - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Re: You hold on, too! - (danreck)
                         Maybe - (warmachine)
         Bush is binary on taxes-He rationalizes the reason post hoc. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Possibly - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
             Secret? - (bepatient) - (2)
                 Bush is going a lot further right now - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                     just reversing the bush tax cuts would be the biggest -NT - (boxley)

The state motto is "E pluribus pluribus" ...
66 ms