IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Indeed.

We know from experience with humans that entities of relatively higher intelligence are never interested in entities of apparently relatively lower intelligence; that's why no-one's ever tried to carry out any sort of studies of animals or plants or bacteria or...

--\r\nYou cooin' with my bird?
New Reddish herring, I wot -
It's not about curiosity (the lowest form of Interest?)
OK OK, I suppose.. look far enough and there IS a person who cares about the little dragon-looking denizens who inhabit eyebrow hairs (Book: "Life on Man")

We (say we) 'Love' our pets. And there are endless tales from antiquity - suggesting not only that We Do - but, which document that there are occasional events of unarguable reciprocity, eg The (UK) dog who spent rest of his life mourning, atop grave of master, fed by locals, etc.

So, when we invent our Gods - we naturally extrapolate from (the closest we ever get to?) authentic-Experience of the ineffable. We Hope that they Like their little iggerant buggers, too.
(Little 'Hope' required, actually: we design-in the feature set, in committees.)

Still no excuse for the warped Puritan self-flagellation mindset, of course - one sees that there are Microsoft-grade religions, too.. Lots of buggers will buy-in to about anything offered by a sufficiently set-jawed Authority, possessed of a nicely type-set manual - we see.

New Further, we are composed entirely of . . .
. . tiny animals and plants, zillions of 'em, with a few minerals tossed in. Is it not possible that we are part of something larger in a manner that's difficult to comprehend - just as we are to they? Is it unreasonable to be open to this possibility and try to explore this?

Might not such an entity be somewhat concerned about us little buggers, just as we are (or ought to be) concerned about the welfare of the components (plants and animals) of which we are made? Might we better stay out of trouble if we understood a little of what was going on? These are open questions.

On the other hand, I consider the simplistic God concepts of the organized religions, particularly of the "Three Revealed Religions", to be naught but tools of authoritarianism - counterproductive to determining our actual place in reality.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Awomen to that last..

New Ibid.
bcnu,
Mikem

Microsoft Vista. The best reason ever to buy a Mac.
     One man's journey into and out of faith - (JayMehaffey) - (44)
         Did you hear his inteview on NPR? - (mmoffitt)
         part of the problem is - (boxley) - (1)
             ICLRPD - (static)
         The thing about faith - (Lily) - (38)
             Very good. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
             Nonsense. - (mmoffitt) - (31)
                 ehhh, bite me - (Lily) - (30)
                     And why would "something greater" be interested in humans? - (mmoffitt) - (29)
                         Because humans are part of it. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (21)
                             See: arrogance. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (20)
                                 The arrogance is entirely yours. - (Andrew Grygus) - (19)
                                     Um, Point == Missed. - (mmoffitt) - (18)
                                         So since strict science can't do this job . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (17)
                                             Science isn't interested. - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                                                 Yes. - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                                                     Okay. - (mmoffitt) - (14)
                                                         Practice, and learn to transcend your limitations :) -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                         Look up 'tesseract', for a start - (Ashton) - (12)
                                                             Lower cannot comprehend higher. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                                                 It says: 'enlightenment' is possible . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                                                                     Communication on the topic is impossible. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                                         Many things have been 'impossible' . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                                                                             A definition will never be possible. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                                                 Re: A definition will never be possible. - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                                                     But that glimpse is not possible in this case. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                         Irony is reserved to the Jaded. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                                             Well said and quoted. And ... - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                                 \ufffdPrec\ufffdsamente! grasshoppers auf die welt -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                 I seem to recall an LRPD like that... - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                     Close - (crazy)
                         why do dogs worship humans? and some humans return the favor -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                             I'm not a "God in my image" fan. ;0) - (mmoffitt)
                         Indeed. - (ubernostrum) - (4)
                             Reddish herring, I wot - - (Ashton)
                             Further, we are composed entirely of . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                 Awomen to that last.. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     Ibid. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Subatomic particles don't claim to be a moral authority - (warmachine) - (3)
                 Ah yes, and the method is - - (Ashton)
                 I'm not talking about religion or moral authority - (Lily) - (1)
                     I am talking about faith - (warmachine)
             Ghod is a muon! /me likes!!! - (jb4)
         Truly. - (static)
         Nice find. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)

Sheep. Hmm.
134 ms