IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So much for state and local rights
Hazleton PA was a bit frustrated by the Fed's lack of enforcement of immigration. So they passed their own.

Turns out the fed says [link|http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN2645989120070726?feedType=RSS&rpc=22&sp=true|they aren't allowed]

Please enlighten me on how this is a good thing?
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New whether a non US born person is present in your town
has a legal right to remain or is in undocumented status only the federal government has oversight or jurisdiction.

Now all a town has to do is pass a vagrancy law that someone with no visible means of support does thirty days in the clink would quickly denude the town. A work permit would be required for anyone to work. These would cost a dollar, be issued by city hall only to people with documentation that shows their legal status. Trying to push this onto landlords is wrong and unconstitutional.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Enlightenment? I hear it's a long slog ... after a start

New Hope is fleeting.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Finding details on the ruling is difficult
but everything I see says that the Judge chief problem with the ordinance was the lack of due process guarenteed by the Constitution (not that local governments couldn't write their own laws regarding hiring / residency).

Shrug..doesn't matter, it's going to be appealed anyway.
New Ruling is here.
[link|http://coop.pamd.uscourts.gov/06v1586.pdf|PAMD] - 206 page .pdf.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Interesting reading...thanks.
     So much for state and local rights - (bepatient) - (6)
         whether a non US born person is present in your town - (boxley)
         Enlightenment? I hear it's a long slog ... after a start -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
             Hope is fleeting. -NT - (bepatient)
         Finding details on the ruling is difficult - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
             Ruling is here. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Interesting reading...thanks. -NT - (Simon_Jester)

Dad jokes are a socially acceptable way to fart on people.
44 ms