IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Islamist's take on Evolution.
[link|http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/17/science/17book.html?pagewanted=all|NY Times]:

At 11 x 17 inches and 12 pounds, with a bright red cover and almost 800 glossy pages, most of them lavishly illustrated, \ufffdAtlas of Creation\ufffd is probably the largest and most beautiful creationist challenge yet to Darwin\ufffds theory, which Mr. Yahya calls a feeble and perverted ideology contradicted by the Koran.

[...]

In the book and on his Web site (www.harunyahya.com), Mr. Yahya says he was born in Ankara in 1956, and grew up and was educated in Turkey. He says he seeks to unmask what the book calls \ufffdthe imposture of evolutionists\ufffd and the links between their scientific views and modern evils like fascism, communism and terrorism. He says he hopes to encourage readers \ufffdto open their minds and hearts and guide them to become more devoted servants of God.\ufffd

[...]

Support for creationism is also widespread among Muslims, said Dr. Edis, whose book \ufffdAn Illusion of Harmony: Science and Religion in Islam\ufffd was published by Prometheus Books this spring.

\ufffdTaken at face value, the Koran is a creationist text,\ufffd he said, adding that it would be difficult to find a scholar of Islam \ufffdwho is going to be gung-ho about Darwin.\ufffd

Perhaps as a result, he said, Mr. Yahya\ufffds books and other publications have won him attention in Islamic areas. \ufffdThis is a guy with some influence,\ufffd Dr. Edis said, \ufffdunfortunately for mainstream science.\ufffd

Dr. Miller agreed. He said he regularly received e-mail messages from people questioning evolution, with an increasing number coming from Turkey, Lebanon and other areas in the Middle East, most citing Mr. Yahya\ufffds work.

That\ufffds troubling, he said, because Mr. Yahya\ufffds ideas \ufffdcast evolution as part of the corrupting influence of the West on Islamic culture, and that promotes a profound anti-science attitude that is certainly not going to help the Islamic world catch up to the West.\ufffd

[...]

Well, I guess we can thank him for keeping a printer and shipping company funded, but ...

Cheers,
Scott.
New Will be hard on ID also
The majority of people that push Intelligent Design are going to recoil when it is suggested as something that supports Islam. It might have some small benefit in weakening the ID movement.

Jay
New ?
The majority of people that push Intelligent Design are going to recoil when it is suggested as something that supports Islam.

Okay, admittedly I am outside of this lunacy. But don't the individual members of the tri-fecta of idiocy (Xian-Zionist-Islamist) realize that they all are but variations on the same mythology?
bcnu,
Mikem

Microsoft Vista. The best reason ever to buy a Mac.
New reason to hate more
Okay, admittedly I am outside of this lunacy. But don't the individual members of the tri-fecta of idiocy (Xian-Zionist-Islamist) realize that they all are but variations on the same mythology?

Mostly yes, but the fanatics just consider that a reason to fight harder.

Pagans are just ignorant after all, once they are shown the truth they are sure to embrace it. But a heretic knows better, he has to realize his God is false and joining the side of darkness because he is, at the core, evil.

Jay
     Islamist's take on Evolution. - (Another Scott) - (3)
         Will be hard on ID also - (JayMehaffey) - (2)
             ? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 reason to hate more - (JayMehaffey)

I'm sure I've heard those last 3 lines in an unsavoury movie.
122 ms