IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Notice how old that article is?
Iran has been trying to get this going for several years now with little progress. The US has been leaning on countries and companies not to support this. They have been threatening everybody involved, sellers and buyers of oil if they use this bourse and companies that provide software, hardware and communications if they work on the bourse.

The end result is that this is still years away if ever.

Jay
New OTOH...
[link|http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=awYHprN5i52c&refer=worldwide|Bloomberg]:

July 13 (Bloomberg) -- Iran asked Japanese refiners to switch to the yen to pay for all crude oil purchases, after Iran's central bank said it's cutting holdings of the U.S. dollar.

Iran wants yen-based transactions ``for any/all of your forthcoming Iranian crude oil liftings,'' according to a letter sent to Japanese refiners that was signed by Ali A. Arshi, general manager of crude oil marketing and exports in Tehran at the National Iranian Oil Co. The request is for all shipments ``effective immediately,'' according to the letter, dated July 10 and obtained by Bloomberg News.

The yen rose on expectations for an increase in demand for the currency to buy shipments from Iran, Japan's third-largest oil supplier. Central bankers in Venezuela, Indonesia and the United Arab Emirates have said they will invest less of their reserves in dollar assets because of the weakening currency, while the United Nations Security Council is preparing for another round of sanctions against Iran because of the nation's nuclear research.

``What else can Japan do but to accept the request, once the oil producer sent its wish?'' said Hirofumi Kawachi, an analyst at Mizuho Investors Securities Co. in Tokyo. ``The tensions between the U.S. and Iran are escalating, and it's Iran's measure to hedge risk.''

[...]

Cheers,
Scott.
New take the low dollars and buy lots of US realestate
we will buy it back with less dollars later,
well it worked once
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New You may be right about the bourse, but...
the real point is that the cost of crude oil to the US has gone up more than the cost of crude oil to EU countries or for that matter other countries whose currencies strengthened against the dollar.
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
     why is oil so high? oil companies? Hardly - (boxley) - (7)
         This one might not be - (JayMehaffey)
         Oil is not going up. It's the dollar going down. - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
             Notice how old that article is? - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
                 OTOH... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     take the low dollars and buy lots of US realestate - (boxley)
                 You may be right about the bourse, but... - (a6l6e6x)
             Indeed. See a couple posts down CAN dollar = US 95+ cents. -NT - (mmoffitt)

The mass production of beer is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
44 ms