IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New sh*t happens
But in this case, to someone else.

A few months ago we noted with dismay that water had begun to seep [link|http://homepage.mac.com/rcareaga/Sites/aus_pix/slime_1.jpg|out from under a short retaining wall] in front of the property here. At first it was just a damp patch but by early June the area perpetually wet amounted to several square feet. Moreover the water appeared to be, ah, rich in nutrients, and the concrete surface was becoming furred with algae. So...having gone through the costly replacement of our lateral waste line four years ago, and with the water having advanced this month first to the property line and [link|http://homepage.mac.com/rcareaga/Sites/aus_pix/slime_2.jpg|then to the curb,] we finally called a nice gentleman who sent a cunning little camera on a flexible stalk snaking along the route carrying our contributions, modest yet foul, to the Gross Domestic Product. I am now the proud owner of a grittily realistic video on DVD (in the narrowly specialized genre of "cinema cloaca") showing my 2003 lateral intact, albeit disgusting, all the way to the main 140 feet away. It turns out to be my neighbor's lateral, also featured (visibly compromised!) on DVD, that is the source of the goo. Huzzah! The neighbor (who has owned her house, the fraternal twin of mine own, for 40+ years and who is accordingly assessed at a fifth the value of mine for tax purposes) has assured us that she will address the problem forthwith.

I gotta say that the sewers of Vienna as depicted in The Third Man are [link|http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/images/thirdmanr24.jpg|way more photogenic] than mine.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New Benvenuto al Teatro di Arte di Fotographia della Melma
Fancy-schmancy DVD, eh? Well.. us rustics have to settle for VHS and kerosene-fired cameras with isinglass lenses (but our pipes are a lot shorter from input to er, destination -- so the recording time is shorter.)

We'd already attended to the obvious (an old, cracked masonry elbow: R & R - dug up before arrival of the expensive guy) when it seemed a good idea to spy on a multiple manifold only a few feet in; mainly an excuse to see this transistorized Sludge-O-Matic gadgetry in action, at a reduced-rate. At least, I learned that the bugs were happy - they smiled for the Tee Vee light.

Looks like a retaining wall built for the ages, too - one less thing to imagine rebuilding (?)
Congrats on your use of the advanced Blame-O-Vision with New! NEW! Hi-Def 256K Color rendition. I'm going to bet that most every house will need a tape/DVD like yours, soon - as condition of sale. It removes a source of major What-If?s Keep that flic!

The full-house MRI may take a bit longer.

New Eewwwww! :)
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
     sh*t happens - (rcareaga) - (2)
         Benvenuto al Teatro di Arte di Fotographia della Melma - (Ashton)
         Eewwwww! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)

HOWLING WOLVES OF CALUMNIATION!
46 ms