IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Unmarked police
If the intent is to reduce the speed, wouldn't it be more effective to have a fleet of MARKED squad cars? If someone sees one, they usually slow down. Or is the intent with unmarked squad cars to put FEAR into the drivers "all the time"?

What's your opinion? I don't worry about unmarked...
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Unmarked cars generate more revenue.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Well I guess the "FEAR" is supposed to make people slow down
New I think unmarked is the way to go.
It generates more money. The kits don't cost as much. They are more aerodynamic. They are less able to be spotted by ANYONE, not just speeders.

Imagine any car possibly being a "cop".

Sure MARKED presence work for about 2 miles (1 before and 1 after) of where it is.

Evidence average speeds 82MPH before a median sitter, 68MPH within view of the sitter, 87MPH after the sitter is out of view. Speed limit is 70MPH. This was on I75 north.

After the overpass shooters and collectors on I96, it was nearly 10 miles before the average went up past 75MPH.

So, you tell me.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0  2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
Alternate Fingerprint: 09F9 1102 9D74  E35B D841 56C5 6356 88C0
Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2
New "If the intent is to reduce the speed". </me falls over>
You're kidding, right? The *ONLY* intent of a patrolmen is to write enough tickets to pay for himself, his cars, his gas, his pension, etc. and perhaps make a little money for the county. That's all it's ever been about, that's all it will ever be about.
bcnu,
Mikem

Microsoft Vista. The best reason ever to buy a Mac.
     Unmarked police - (jbrabeck) - (4)
         Unmarked cars generate more revenue. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
         Well I guess the "FEAR" is supposed to make people slow down -NT - (CRConrad)
         I think unmarked is the way to go. - (folkert)
         "If the intent is to reduce the speed". </me falls over> - (mmoffitt)

\o/
48 ms