IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Openly stated lack of principles?
Politicians changing parties to improve their chances is nothing new but to avoid a crowded primary? Don't politicians at least pretend to follow some principle? Claiming the previous party has adopted unacceptable policies is common. Or is it openly acknowledged that both parties are the same and interchangable?
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New Seems very pragmatic to me
For someone who doesn't fit either party very well... I'd say Bloomberg is fairly close to Libertarian principles, but he'd never get elected under that party's banner.

At the very least it's tacit acknowledgment that the parties are pretty much the same.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Also....
it's different in a republic than it is in a parliamentary democracy. In a parliament, switching parties is in all but the rarest of cases the killer of one's ambitions, but that's not nearly as true in a republic.
     Bloomberg leave GOP - (JayMehaffey) - (9)
         This might be the year. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             If nothing else, he will direct some of the national debate. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                 The world would be amazingly different if JA had won... -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     The world would have to have been different for him to win. - (Silverlock) - (1)
                         The situation is primed for it though - (JayMehaffey)
         Openly stated lack of principles? - (warmachine) - (2)
             Seems very pragmatic to me - (admin)
             Also.... - (jake123)
         Imagine my surprise, I read it as "broomberg" - (folkert)

Thanks for noticing.
60 ms