IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Some consolations of middle age
So last night the spousette and I decide that we're feeling stir-crazy after a work-intensive week for the both of us, and elect to do takeout and a mindless movie (Ocean's 13) at the local bijou. I purchase tickets and wait impatiently outside the theatre until SWMBO appears to inform me that she's left her glasses in the car (parked somewhere in the midwest) and that I should save a seat for her. In the event this involves us in about the sixth row and behind, as it happens, a cohort of about a dozen high school juniors (I estimate here) who are feeling rowdy of a Friday night, and who have cellphones. I happen to be sitting behind the alpha male of this pack, and he is apparently arranging, via cellphone, a competitive "clapout" with another group elsewhere in the theatre. He concludes these protocols and starts to explain to his crew what's required of them. I pipe up, ramping my normal voice (it would be useful for me to explain that since 1966 I have had a voice so deep that strangers remark upon it. It sounds mellow and mellifluous from inside, but when I have listened to recordings it seems a harsh croak) down a couple of stops, "You lads aren't going to piss me off tonight, are you?" The results were gratifying. "No, sir! We respect the moviegoing experience!" "I never doubted it," said I, and listened with satisfaction while the ringleader informed his cohort that they were calling off the "clapout," and then contacted his opposite number at the other end of the cellular connection to advise him of the change. I'm pleased to report that the entire dozen were silent as mice throughout the feature.

I was never remotely that obstreperous as a teenager, but I nevertheless contrived to attract a share of adult reproaches during that period. I do think, though, that my rumbled "You lads aren't going to piss me off tonight, are you?" delivered as it was with a raised eyebrow and a smile, represents an advance over the "why, you young punks" fulminations I remember.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New :-D
New having watched a great movie called snatch
I have been practicing the accent tone and body language of the fellow about my age who runs off some teenage wannabees horking at the front of his Jewelery shop in an upscale neighborhood. I dont go to movies hardly at all so I should have it perfected for when I need it.
thanx,
bill
It was in a response to "Its a free country innit" statement and I cant reproduce the answer without writing several pages of visuals to set the scene.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     Some consolations of middle age - (rcareaga) - (2)
         :-D -NT - (Another Scott)
         having watched a great movie called snatch - (boxley)

IBM is good at two things:
  1. Shooting itself in the foot, and
  2. Reloading.

34 ms