IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Life will never be completely fair...
because it's am untidy universe. All this free will running around.

But the bad guys don't always win, and the good guys don't always lose. Quitters always lose, though, no matter what their moral position.

I once tried giving up, and letting things slide, just so I could get some rest. I regretted it. Never again. In the long run, I didn't even get the rest I'd hoped for. Things fall apart fast when you let the bad guys take the initiative. There are no guarantees of success if you fight, but there's just no upside to quitting. None at all. So you may as well fight tooth and nail.

I'm thinking the bullies you grew up with were smarter than the ones I gre up with. Mine all went on to be petty criminals and convicts, or to die young in stupid drunken accidents. I might have gone to a wake, just to gloat, but I decided it was beneath me.

Still, the evil bosses I used to run into have to have come from somewhere. Few of them have struck me as happy people. I think they just take out their (usually) secret frustrations out on those who don't resist. The universe is trying to tell them not to be such assholes, by screwing up their personal lives, but they're just not listening. The guilty don't get off scot free, and I'm fine with that. But the innocent suffer, too.

My heart bleeds for the truly helpless, who cannot defend themselves. But not for those who can defend themselves, but won't, for whatever reason. I tried that for a while, in my younger days. Never, ever again.

Turning the other cheek is fine and noble, until you run out of cheeks.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Sometimes "tolerance" is just a word for not dealing with things.
New Majorily unfair and in the favor of evil people.
I will shed no tear for bosses that come up to talk to me about how their pay-raise just put them into another income bracket so now they have to pay more taxes. Or how much taxes they get out of their bonus checks for working us to death? Or how much they lost in the stock market, (Hey Norman, I just lost more money than you make in three years!) due to the Dotcom busts? The world's smallest violin is playing for them. They can take their illgotten gains and just move to a secret island somewhere and leave the rest of us alone and allow someone who knows the f*ck what they are doing to take over as a new manager.

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
     Feeling suicidal again - (nking) - (17)
         I don't have all the answers - (Meerkat)
         There are times I've felt that way - (wharris2)
         Life will never be completely fair... - (marlowe) - (1)
             Majorily unfair and in the favor of evil people. - (nking)
         Go to any hospital emergency room - (tuberculosis) - (2)
             Tried it before - (nking) - (1)
                 you are better off than before - (boxley)
         Yeah, the bad guys get what they want. - (mhuber) - (9)
             Bad guys always win in real life - (nking) - (8)
                 Not always - (bbronson)
                 Re: Socrates: not that simple - (Steve Lowe)
                 I've seen bad guys lose in real life. - (marlowe) - (5)
                     very rarely, if at all, do they lose. - (nking) - (4)
                         That isn't my experience - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                             Mean people s*ck! - (nking) - (2)
                                 I would bet that you know none of them well - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                     One day they will go home - (nking)

Walk like an Egyptian.
48 ms