IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Serious question: Are you brain damaged?
Have you been in a car accident?
Maybe a little light on oxygen for a while?

[link|http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?sourceid=Mozilla-search&va=shill|http://www.m-w.com/c...a-search&va=shill]
New Re: Serious question: Are you brain damaged?
No

at the risk of quibbling with the dictionary, I've always had a slightly different understanding of the term
at a 3 card monte game, the 'winner' with the handful of cash who is a partner of the dealer is a shill

from Wikipedia:

A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services or a political group, who pretends no association to the seller/group and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage others unaware of the set-up to purchase said goods or services or support the political group's ideological claims. Shills are often employed by confidence artists and governments.

Certainly, I think that is what Chuckles means when he calls me a shill

A
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://westcottradio.org|Tune In]
New Ah, the wonders of Wikipedia
where if you don't like it, you get to change it.

And the wonders of focused limited definitions.

You/he promote the environment, purposefully ignoring flaws, because it benefits you.

You are both shills.

He is a directly paid one, you are indirectly since it benefits your career in general.The more people that adopt it, the more money he makes and the more likelyhood your skillset will keep you employed.

And the comment concerning brain damage was a kind one, because otherwise, you'd be displaying the ultimate skill of a shill, the ability to ignore the incredibly obvious.

Purposeful stupidity is such an endearing trait, wouldn't you say?

New I had always understood the term by his definition.
Employees aren't shills UNLESS they are on the net pretending NOT to be employees.

Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Indeed; if they self-identify properly, they're salespeople.
New I disagree (new thread)
Created as new thread #286487 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=286487|I disagree]
New I'm ambivalent. However, in Mega$loth's case ...
they actually have a titled position of "Evangelist". I'd be pressed not to call an evangelist a shill.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
     Vista -- so far - (andread) - (87)
         Damning w/ faint praise - (jb4) - (86)
             Hey, I've dealt with Vista . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (85)
                 Just had my first experience with it... - (jb4) - (84)
                     I'm quite convinced they released this turkey . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     That might be NVidia's fault. - (inthane-chan) - (82)
                         Re: That might be NVidia's fault. - (jb4) - (81)
                             fear change - (altmann) - (80)
                                 Micros~1 redefines English...Film at 11! - (jb4) - (3)
                                     Re: Micros~1 redefines English...Film at 11! - (altmann)
                                     In the version of English I speak... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         **chuckle** -NT - (jb4)
                                 Remind me again... You're not an MS fanboy or shill, just... - (CRConrad) - (75)
                                     No trailing slash in HR tag, Chris. -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                         Yes there is, but I think there should be a space before it -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                                             Re: Yes there is, but I think there should be a space bef - (pwhysall)
                                     Hey, don't be picking on Hubert J. Farnsworth now! - (Another Scott)
                                     Seemed like a reasonable reply to me. - (hnick) - (8)
                                         You mean alt-tab; ctrl-tab is for docs within an MDI app. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                             Ok. I don't have a windows machine at hand... - (hnick)
                                         On the surface of it, yes. - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                             Cool... - (hnick) - (4)
                                                 +10. Inciteful. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     Of course you did... :) -NT - (hnick)
                                                 Speak for yourself... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                     Ummm. Yeah. -NT - (folkert)
                                     It's not easy being.... - (andread) - (61)
                                         "Works reasonably well" - (pwhysall) - (58)
                                             every microsoft advance has never exceeded reasonably well - (boxley)
                                             An interesting rating - (crazy)
                                             Not up to your usual standard... - (andread) - (54)
                                                 Re: Not up to your usual standard... - (pwhysall) - (48)
                                                     Wrong - (andread) - (47)
                                                         What are you gibbering about, you cretin? Re-read his posts! -NT - (CRConrad) - (44)
                                                             Oh, Chuckles - (andread) - (43)
                                                                 OK, so you're just not capable of reading with comprehension -NT - (CRConrad) - (42)
                                                                     Hah - (andread) - (41)
                                                                         So how is that any the less annoying? - (pwhysall) - (40)
                                                                             Wrong in caps is still wrong - (andread) - (39)
                                                                                 Which part is wrong? - (pwhysall)
                                                                                 Ok. Lets review - (bepatient) - (37)
                                                                                     "Attack Surface"?!?! Sheesh. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                         At least I didn't write it :-) - (bepatient)
                                                                                         (Isn't that pretty large - on a sponge? ;-) -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                                     I LOVE the scenario where they say disabling is reasonable - (crazy) - (1)
                                                                                         That typifies the problem with UAC: - (static)
                                                                                     Well now. - (folkert) - (4)
                                                                                         Huh? - (crazy) - (3)
                                                                                             that was my understanding - (boxley)
                                                                                             I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. - (folkert) - (1)
                                                                                                 *nod* - (pwhysall)
                                                                                     Thanks Bill - (andread) - (25)
                                                                                         Re: Thanks Bill - (pwhysall) - (24)
                                                                                             I'm thinking... - (bepatient) - (23)
                                                                                                 It's the other way around; the poor nitwit is incapable... - (CRConrad) - (22)
                                                                                                     You're wrong again - (andread) - (16)
                                                                                                         Point = Missed. Intentionally or otherwise. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                                         Thank you so much for AGAIN explaining the *purpose* of UAC. - (CRConrad)
                                                                                                         Question - (drewk) - (12)
                                                                                                             Re: Question - (andread) - (11)
                                                                                                                 ahh, cascading shills - (crazy) - (10)
                                                                                                                     The speaker was Michael J Murphy - (andread) - (9)
                                                                                                                         And I'd want to do that because? - (crazy) - (8)
                                                                                                                             Not a shill - (andread) - (7)
                                                                                                                                 Serious question: Are you brain damaged? - (crazy) - (6)
                                                                                                                                     Re: Serious question: Are you brain damaged? - (andread) - (5)
                                                                                                                                         Ah, the wonders of Wikipedia - (crazy) - (4)
                                                                                                                                             I had always understood the term by his definition. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                 Indeed; if they self-identify properly, they're salespeople. -NT - (jake123)
                                                                                                                                                 I disagree (new thread) - (crazy)
                                                                                                                                                 I'm ambivalent. However, in Mega$loth's case ... - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                                         The problem here is you are defining a very limited user set - (bepatient)
                                                                                                     "he's known" - HTH </CRC> -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                                                         Aaargh! Fixed, thanx. (I can has cheezburger now?) -NT - (CRConrad)
                                                                                                     Can't or pretends is the same in this case - (crazy) - (2)
                                                                                                         Oy you - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                             Oy back - (crazy)
                                                                                     Another way to disable UAC - TweakUAC. - (Another Scott)
                                                         the mac commercial explains it very well :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                                         I've got a Mac running OS X - (pwhysall)
                                                 Consider. - (static) - (4)
                                                     Vista popularity. - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                                         There have been lines. - (folkert) - (2)
                                                             So, knowing that many are paying $250 . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                                 There is. - (folkert)
                                             And that's only the surface... - (scoenye)
                                         Ah. Jealous, because you can't figure... - (CRConrad)
                                         best explaination of the UAC so far - (boxley)

Close to the edge.
272 ms