IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Initial adverse effects from weight loss?
I just started a diet about two weeks ago and so far it's going well. However, for the last couple of days I've been feeling over-tired, my joints are achey and I appear to be running a mild fever.

Many years ago when I was into macrobiotics, this might be explained as when you 'eat clean' the body releases toxins which have this effect as they discharge from your system.

My question to any dieters out there is: have any of you noticed symptoms like this at the start of your program?

Of course, if might very well be flu, but I'm not experiencing the nausea or other gastric issues normally associated with flu.
Tom Sinclair

Kaylee: Wash, tell me I'm pretty.
Wash: Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion.
Kaylee: Because I'm pretty?
Wash: Because you're pretty.
- "Heart of Gold", Firefly
New make sure you are hydrated
and getting enuff protein.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Good point
Out here in Colorado it's easy even for natives to forget to hydrate properly.

I think I'm okay on the protein front, but I'm definitely consuming less than I did.
Tom Sinclair

WASH: Okay! Everybody NOT talking about sex, in here. Everyone else, out.
- "Our Mrs. Reynolds", Firefly
New I conclude these are likely quite individualized effects -
those of one's own metabolism (?) from limited hearsay, all along.

While a diet is not a 'fast', there are similarities. Can only report from direct experience:

Some years back (for no very compelling reason, at the time - other than just general 'cleaning out') I embarked on a very-simple fast regimen. Partly I was curious, too - as the person with recipe had used this method, while suffering some local hepatitis strain + jaundice in India (!) -- to cure that situation, and also to evade being in hospital there, on IV and many etcs. It worked for her, and in her hotel room - no pharmchem. (Again - no general-panacea implied.)

Regime was: real maple syrup (not the ersatz corn- toxified substitutes) and lemons. As much as you wanted, when you wanted - extra water? If wanted. Period.

*Shock* was, while imagining that visions of dancing salmon fillets would be pop-ups throughout! -- within hours, no such cravings.. In fact, I became so accustomed that - I extended from the 1 week nom to, IIRC ~11 or 12 days.

(The second day, though: drinking down ~ 1 qt. hot salty water for er, rapid roto-rooter one-time job.. was unpleasant but effective. Accent on the 'one time' got me to do the deed. Lets a better grade of bug regrow in the cleansed gut.)

I can imagine that many experiencing this, actually sudden withdrawal from the daily excesses.. could have a problem. I certainly imagined, a.. lot. Hence the shock: nada. So all this is, is: one data point. But it does expand the 'what's possible' end of the curve. Presumably ~~ for some diets, too?

Sorry there's no direct application to flu-like symptoms, except:
while I have occasionally experienced such, years ago - as seemed also 'the onset of something' - they would just disappear without any Why?s appearing ... something the immune system does, for 'cheap insurance' ? Dunno. (We don't know shit about the complex feedback wiring of that system, just baby-steps.. When you 'test' current med. ideas on that topic for their 'predictive' capabilities == a statistical 50/50, normally.)

Luck,
Ashton

New I'll wait it out
I agree that this has to be only temporary. I'm losing weight and otherwise feeling okay.

Tom Sinclair

New Looks like it's probably flu
My fever has broken and my head no longer feels like a throbbing lead balloon.

The joints are still achey but not as much as yesterday.

Per advice I'm hydrating mightily.
Tom Sinclair

New dont over hydrate, your electrolytes could flip
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     Initial adverse effects from weight loss? - (tjsinclair) - (6)
         make sure you are hydrated - (boxley) - (1)
             Good point - (tjsinclair)
         I conclude these are likely quite individualized effects - - (Ashton) - (3)
             I'll wait it out - (tjsinclair) - (2)
                 Looks like it's probably flu - (tjsinclair) - (1)
                     dont over hydrate, your electrolytes could flip -NT - (boxley)

Don't touch that button!
82 ms