IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sigh.

The quality of Christian apologetics has been steadily declining since the thirteenth century; the drivel that passes these days, as exemplified by your link, is undoubtedly causing St. Thomas to spin in his grave.

--\r\nYou cooin' with my bird?
New Indeed, but St. Thomas shows us how dangerous . . .
. . that can be. Taking a break from writing yet another volume of theological argument he accidentally achieved enlightenment.

"All that I have written seems to me nothing but straw compared with what I have seen and what has been revealed to me." No details of course, since he never wrote again, at least not on theology.

He was already scheduled to be a saint, and since he kept his mouth shut beatification went through on schedule despite whatever misgivings church officials may have had.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New A recurrent scenario
One that comes to mind, though much more obscure generally - P.D. Ouspensky, chronicler of the Russian mystic G. I. Gurdjieff -

On his deathbed.. he forced self (well.. 'body') to get up and walk around, against lots of odds. Now this was an "intellectually-centered" kinda guy (whereas Gurdjieff, who always answered, when asked "what you do?" - said, "I am a dancemaster") -- he was a "moving-centered" kinda guy. The one (PDO) trying to make 'expressible'-sense of the other (GIG)

Ouspensky had said, towards the last of his life (unclear recollection of how near to being abed, dying)

"I am abandoning the System" (on which he had spent much of his life / with Gurdjieff and the other students.)

Common thread in all these episodes: Words Fail.
(As does the limited biped imagination.)

But who wants to hear That... when there's fame, glory, $$ and Power to be garnered, peddling - - and jillions of words to fill all those hours 'preaching' - - from all that imagination.

Thomas, IIRC was the One who uttered ~ "the *Kingdom is all about you, yet you Will not See." Seems to me he had by then, also - "abandoned the System" / the popular skits du-that-jour, since cast in solid Impenetrium.

* ~ "Kingdom of 'Heaven'" - in various transliterations

We're all a Hoot. ecce homo
     Can we trust in criticism of the bible? - (PetriFB) - (13)
         Yes, you can. - (pwhysall) - (1)
             miracles do happen, they didnt stop 2k years ago - (boxley)
         Can't prove that it didn't happen, therefore it did? Yawn! - (warmachine) - (6)
             can you work thru the walls of the loo at work - (boxley) - (5)
                 Maybe, but if he did, he'd lose his job - (jb4) - (3)
                     Ah, but you'd only need... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         You fergot the lamp oil thingie! - (jb4)
                     he's a brit I think, cant get fired ornless - (boxley)
                 Even the gods can't violate lavatory etiquette. -NT - (warmachine)
         trust but verify aside from the kiddie humor below - (boxley)
         Sigh. - (ubernostrum) - (2)
             Indeed, but St. Thomas shows us how dangerous . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 A recurrent scenario - (Ashton)

There are plenty of wrong people who just don't rate correction.
47 ms