IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New WOW! I can't believe it! The Ducks WON!
We're headed for the Stanley Cup!!!!!

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New At least I won't feel guilty about pulling for the Sens now.
And, as a bonus, there's always a chance the Ducks plane will go down on the way to Ottawa and they'll all get killed.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New pulling for the sens and neil getting filled in :-)
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Now >that's< sportmanship!
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New That's ok, Beep. :)
Even if they lose, I'll get to actually watch most of the games on NETWORK TV!

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New I hope the announcers they use have a clue
and not just guys who arnt important enuff to cover bball or baseball and dont really understand or care about hockey. Some of the network games I wondered if they were even watching the same game I was.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New True...
But I can always put Sirius on and watch. ;)

Brenda

New It's a joke, Son, a joke.
That's what my favorite uncle used to say whenever my team would lose. I can still hear him, "Well, we can always hope their plane crashes on the way home and they all get killed."
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New Having grown up in WV
jokes like that one ring [link|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Airlines_Flight_932|a bit too true.]
New I remember that.
And this one, too:
On Dec. 13, 1977, tragedy struck again when a DC-3 charter plane carrying the University of Evansville basketball team to Nashville, Tenn., crashed in rain and dense fog about 90 seconds after takeoff from Evansville Dress Regional Airport. Twenty-nine people died in the crash, including 14 members of the team and its head coach Bob Watson.

[link|http://www2.indystar.com/library/factfiles/history/disasters/planecrashes.html|http://www2.indystar...planecrashes.html]

You had to know my uncle. His saying that was a commentary on how some people make sports all too important to them. You can really catch people who are passionate about sports (I am one, of course, about the NHL) by asking them who won the World Series, Superbowl, Stanley Cup playoffs, etc. three years ago. Then ask who they beat. Big time fans will often recall, but usually absent any passion and only after pausing to reflect upon the question.
bcnu,
Mikem

New PS
I knew it was a joke;-)
     WOW! I can't believe it! The Ducks WON! - (Nightowl) - (10)
         At least I won't feel guilty about pulling for the Sens now. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
             pulling for the sens and neil getting filled in :-) -NT - (boxley)
             Now >that's< sportmanship! -NT - (bepatient) - (7)
                 That's ok, Beep. :) - (Nightowl) - (2)
                     I hope the announcers they use have a clue - (boxley) - (1)
                         True... - (Nightowl)
                 It's a joke, Son, a joke. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                     Having grown up in WV - (bepatient) - (2)
                         I remember that. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             PS - (bepatient)

Get the ball in the pocket!
180 ms