IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Curiosity nit - puzzle
On the boring-but-utterly-reliable pedestrian e-mail box (e-Machine 600, 98SE-Lite, SeaMonkey, etc.)

From time to time, the mouse (Logi Trackman, actually) ceases to show cursor.. over a sorta blotch of non-space (say, ~~ quadrant III of the screen.) Natch its little sensor window is clean, etc.

Invariably (thus far..) clicking once on screen in the cursor-visible area - cures it.
Another Trackman -- but sans scroll wheel, on the two Doze + various-Linuxes boxes (swapped by a bitchin KVM switch: Thanks again, Scott!!)

-- does not seem to enter this no-phase-space twilight zone. Thus unclear if symptoms go with gadget or Doze/SeaMonkey, less'n I swap meese next, to eliminate one more Yes/No.

But the cursor(y)-thought experiment reveals that I grok insufficiently the layers of I/O and tasks.. just to highlight Hello World, You Asshole Seems like some FEEFIFO-fum buffer is lazy, but... ie.

Wassup with this hitch in the getalong (to use the technical term) ??

New I've seen similar things.
I think there are strange interactions between some software and the Logitech drivers. E.g. [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=275067|#275067].

Sometimes using a later version of the drivers helps, sometimes there's some obscure setting that needs to change, sometimes one needs to unplug the mouse and plug it back in. It shouldn't be so indeterminate, but there you are.

It seems to happen more often with Logitech stuff than MS. I wonder why that is... </conspiracy>

:-)

HTH a bit.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Curiosity nit - puzzle - (Ashton) - (1)
         I've seen similar things. - (Another Scott)

Toto... I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...!
54 ms