IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Side note for Ben
Tony, the "language that runs in something like 4K program and 4K data memory" is called assembler code! :) I'm assuming there is one for the DSP in question.

Actually, if you don't use functions like printf C can get you pretty close to assembler sized code. General purpose functions like that are incredible memory hogs.
Alex

"Of course, you realize this means war." -B. Bunny
New You have to understand the context
The dev tools I'm getting include assembler and C compiler, along with a simple OS and a good sized application specific (imaging) library.

But there are a lot of advantages to combining assembly and C with a scripting language. It's a lot more flexible. So, if I can do it, I will. The only current language that might work for the ADSP21xx DSP seems to be FORTH (and at least two different people have ported FORTH to these chips). The other alternatives are to roll my own (something I'd prefer not to do) or give up.

Tony
     Good link on .NET - (ben_tilly) - (27)
         Just confirms it-who couldn't figure as much 1 or 2 yrs ago? -NT - (CRConrad)
         Stack-based security - (admin)
         A different .NET link, makes me sick - (bluke) - (3)
             Some get to be sharks... - (ben_tilly)
             Blink blink - (wharris2)
             Dunno if he really believes it, but he has a reason to gush - (CRConrad)
         .NET Visual Studio - (tuberculosis) - (1)
             ...has at least one security-related compiler bug already - (CRConrad)
         Sounds about like I expected - (tonytib) - (8)
             Something nasty that I just realized (oops, I was wrong) - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                 Not sure you are right about the linking part. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                     Getting interfaces right - (wharris2) - (2)
                         When you're innovating at internet speed,... - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                             I know the sign, and I endorse it :=) -NT - (wharris2)
                     D'oh - (ben_tilly)
             Re: Side note for Ben - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 You have to understand the context - (tonytib)
         I would miss dynamic typing. - (static) - (9)
             Take your pick - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                 Please, sir... - (static) - (7)
                     Very simple - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                         Versions peresnt during packaging? - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                             No - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 To do library versioning dynamically... - (neelk) - (1)
                                     Huh, interesting - (ben_tilly)
                         Yes, it makes sense now. - (static)
                         Specify prefered libraries up front - (tablizer)

This is starting to sound like and invasion of "Them!". EE-EE-EE-EE-EE-EE-krrrrrk-ick-ick-ick-ka-ka-ka. Sheesh!
84 ms