IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Doesn't change the fact that Hasek couldn't have got it.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New Let me rephrase it, hasek's current point sprawled on the
ice is where that puck would have ended up, not in the goal.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New What? Did we watch the same game?
The incomparable Lidstrom, 37, who played 94 minutes the last three games, dove across the crease to stop San Jose's Mike Grier after a takeaway on Hasek that would have tied it 1-1 late in the first.

[link|http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/sports/story.html?id=f429f737-4ac3-451e-b562-6b6cd667dc8c&k=5765|http://www.canada.co...6cd667dc8c&k=5765]

Heck, even Hasek admits but for Lidstrom's play, it would have been 1-1.

The Sharks had a superb chance to tie it, only to be denied on a spectacular play by Wings defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom with 2:50 left in the period.

Mike Grier intercepted a pass by Hasek and had a wide-open net on a wrap-around but Lidstrom, a four-time Norris Trophy winner, dove and blocked the shot with his stick.

"I knew that I had to try to get there as quick as I could, because I knew the two D were coming," Grier said. "Lidstrom made a great play. Looking back, maybe I should have taken another step and tried to lift it up. There's not much more I can say about it."

"I just tried to lay my stick in the lane, put my stick at that post," Lidstrom said. "Hopefully, it would deflect off my stick. You never know - I just try to get my stick in there."

Both teams knew it was the momentum-turning play of the game, especially when Samuelsson doubled the lead with just eight seconds left in the session.

"All I can say is, Nicky is not just a great defenseman, a great playmaker, but he also made a great save," Hasek said. "It was a huge difference, it would have been 1-1. After that, we scored a goal. Instead of 1-1, in the next minute we were up 2-0."

[link|http://www.mapleleafs.com/news/TickerNews.asp?ticker_id=7236|http://www.mapleleaf...sp?ticker_id=7236]

bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New yup and I watched the reply as well very closely
he didnt wrap it enough to go in, and even in the quote greer said he should have gotten another step
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New To lift the puck, not put it in closer. ;0)
I think Grier was stunned when Nick blocked it. I think he thought he had a layup like Datsuk had and I think he doesn't want to admit how surprised he was. As I watched it live, I thought it had gone in because I couldn't imagine how it could have been stopped. But, Grier's right, if he had lifted it up (something you don't usually do on a wrap-around) it would have gone in.

I can't wait until Thursday night. I hope the Sens don't do their usual playoff laydown and cry act. Even a Leafs fan like me has to admit that Alfredson deserves to have his name on the Cup.
bcnu,
Mikem

okies detroit senators BRING IT ON! -NT - (boxley) - (9)
         Nick's save was the turning point, donchathink? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
             nope, it couldnt have gone in anyway - (boxley) - (7)
                 No way. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                     the angle on his release was bad, he needed to hook it more -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                         Doesn't change the fact that Hasek couldn't have got it. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                             Let me rephrase it, hasek's current point sprawled on the - (boxley) - (3)
                                 What? Did we watch the same game? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                     yup and I watched the reply as well very closely - (boxley) - (1)
                                         To lift the puck, not put it in closer. ;0) - (mmoffitt)

The parity bit is a bit that detects an error in itself 1/9th of the time.
63 ms