IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yahoo seems to be in trouble
I say this based on system uptime/quality. The email accounts are unusable - often slow to the point of hanging altogether, sometimes down, not nearly reliable enough.

Based on this I begin to conclude that there are serious operational problems at Yahoo and they are not being addressed. My wife finally bailed on her yahoo account just this month after watching it get worse and worse over the last year.

We posture as apostles of fair play, as good sportsmen, as professional knights-errant-- and we throw beer bottles at the umpire when he refuses to cheat for our side...We save the black-and-tan republics from their native [statesmen]--and flood them with "deserving" democrats of our own. We deafen the world with our whoops for liberty--and submit to laws that destroy our most sacred rights...We play policeman and Sunday-school superintendent to half of Christendom--and lynch a darky every two days in our own backyard.

H.L. Mencken, 1914
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:12:04 AM EDT
New No problems with my Y! mail account
===

Kip Hawley is still an idiot.

===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Mine's dead
unless i want to use Inferior Exploder. I user Opera, which suddenly is not supported.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Wasn't the point of my post.
The real point is, that Microsoft Filed FTC filings on the "Google buyout of Double Click" as being a Sherman Act violation.

The hypocrisy of them trying to buy Yahoo! is far more of a "Sherman act violation", than the Google Double click thing.

And when I meant in a dieing phase... I meant it is obvious Double Click was WAY past its prime and not able to keep up.

Yahoo! is just having a Mid-Life crisis right now, just like Hotmail has since Microsoft bought it. Remember when they(MS) first tried to change out the BSD architecture and replace it with Windows based? What a "boondoggle"... ha!

I still hear rumors that Hotmail runs on a BSD for some critical functions, though these are just scuttle, I'd suppose.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New I speak with the email architect at yahoo on a regular basis
"Based on this I begin to conclude that there are serious operational problems at Yahoo and they are not being addressed."
Im sorry you feel that way but I assure you that is not the case.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     MS to buy Yahoo? - (andread) - (14)
         Ugh... I hope not. - (admin)
         Microsoft wants a big deal - (JayMehaffey)
         Yahoo's been mentioned as a potential target on Mini. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             *SOME* say? - (folkert)
         Neither Yahoo or Microsoft are talking. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Congrats! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         And THEY complained about... - (folkert) - (7)
             Yahoo seems to be in trouble - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                 No problems with my Y! mail account -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                     Mine's dead - (jbrabeck)
                 Wasn't the point of my post. - (folkert)
                 I speak with the email architect at yahoo on a regular basis - (boxley)
             "Dying". HTH! -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 /me welcomes the *NEW* grammar overlord -NT - (folkert)

If the answer to your question starts with, "Well ... ", you're not going to like what comes next.
67 ms