IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You sure it's a torsion bar?
Search for "A8" [link|http://www.carbibles.com/suspension_bible.html|here]. It sounds like the problem was more likely due to a bad link in the multi-link front suspension.

OTOH, if you search for "torsion bar" it sounds as if that would affect the ride quality but not be so much of a safety issue.

At least on old GM cars, the front torsion bar has long bolts with rubber bushings that always failed over time. It made noise, and made the car lean, but wasn't a real safety issue.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who hopes the repairs went well.)
New Thrust arm, sorry.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     Beware the Aussie invasion... - (static) - (60)
         What's in Pittsburgh? -NT - (admin) - (3)
             It's a train stop. - (static) - (1)
                 Don't bother - (drewk)
             The Penguins. ;) - (Nightowl)
         Cool. I am going to the Beep Bash this year. - (folkert) - (53)
             Huh? Don't Lancers have back seats or what? (Just wondering) -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 More like a shelf -NT - (crazy)
             I'm driving the Audi this year. - (admin) - (39)
                 you wont need the trunk until you are at the bash -NT - (boxley)
                 Dang, I'd almost come just for the ride... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Then come for the ride *and* the party! -NT - (admin)
                 Don't even THINK... - (bepatient) - (32)
                     Are you kidding me? - (admin) - (31)
                         ICLRPD. (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                         BT + Scott's Audi == Serious case of... - (Yendor)
                         He is Tillaay! Destroyer of Vehicles! ;-) -NT - (n3jja)
                         Well, the torsion bar... - (folkert) - (7)
                             It was more than that. - (admin) - (6)
                                 That sounds more like an A-arm . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                     And.. and the Question is - - - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         rubber wears loose, the pounding shakes it apart. -NT - (boxley)
                                 Then they don't have the bump-stops properly - (folkert) - (2)
                                     Moot discussion now, sorry. :-) - (admin) - (1)
                                         Ehh, ranting. Its what I do. - (folkert)
                         You sure it's a torsion bar? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Thrust arm, sorry. -NT - (admin)
                         I don't think the A8 has torsion suspension. - (CRConrad)
                         My bad; faulty memory. - (admin) - (16)
                             Makes MUCH more sense. - (folkert) - (15)
                                 So, what's a thrust arm in normal terms? - (admin) - (12)
                                     It holds the bitumogeneous spandrels. HTH! -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         Isnt' that what holds the havershaft to the giggleclamp? -NT - (jake123) - (2)
                                             No, that is the kininomer bearing pin, giggleclamps require - (folkert) - (1)
                                                 Now just quit that out, the lot of you! - (jb4)
                                     I'd have to say it - (folkert) - (7)
                                         Something like this? - (admin) - (6)
                                             Reverse Watts Link it is, then. Hmmm. - (folkert) - (5)
                                                 My current understanding is this: - (admin) - (4)
                                                     That is what a reverse watts link does... - (folkert)
                                                     The "position of the vertical wheel plane"? Yeah, in the... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                         Yup . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                             Jawohl. - (CRConrad)
                                 That's a very different "wishbone". - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                     Yep, schooled I am. -NT - (folkert)
                 Then the next question is... - (folkert) - (2)
                     6 disc changer - (admin) - (1)
                         Mkay. - (folkert)
             Don't know - (Lily) - (9)
                 bring the kids, mine are agitating already - (boxley) - (8)
                     It's looking like I will - (Lily) - (4)
                         Are you going to see a band? - (admin) - (3)
                             And do you know anything that rhymes with ... - (drewk) - (2)
                                 dunno about the camero but plenty of the other stuff - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Re: dunno about the camero but plenty of the other stuff - (admin)
                     Plans are set - (Lily) - (2)
                         wel add myy 12yo to the pack, sad about amy n critter :-( -NT - (boxley)
                         Cool! - (static)
             Of course -NT - (drewk)
         Awww man - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
             Driving from TN isn't *THAT* far to NJ... - (folkert)

is there more coffee... can I have another cup... you wanna cup I can make some more... I have alot... I mean I have this pot here... but its almost gone and its been sitting there for 10 minutes anyway... I should make more... did I ask if you needed coffee??? do you??? need coffee I mean...
104 ms