IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Depends on what you're doing
Much of the time a backend isn't necessary. But then again, that's my beef with these kinds of "investigations": someone does a trivial application, decides that Method C is great (for what they have on the mind), then another someone will come along and make a completely unreasonable extrapolation to a completely different situation. Then when it fails (or it was more work than the trivial demo app), the second someone gets upset.

That being said, our application is exactly what he describes: web servers talking to a database. :-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New I have back-ends
Integration with services for IVR controllers, cross-application customer accounts, (female) operator usage logs, content delivery over SMS and WAP, and customer moderation. 2-tier is not an option.

Strange thing is, the investigator uses distributed J2EE services like my company (without horny people on the 'phone) but hasn't investigated talking with the existing services. I think you're right. Someone else will try some other meterology app in the same framework and it'll be hideous.

Pity really. Xdoclet and Struts takes some of the pain away but compiled code is painful in a presentation layer.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
     Nifty demo of J2EE vs Zope vs RoR vs django vs etc ... - (drewk) - (32)
         WooHoo! J2EE is the way to go! ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Thoughts... - (admin) - (27)
             Other thoughts - (tuberculosis) - (16)
                 Other other thoughts... - (admin) - (14)
                     Builder pattern - (tuberculosis) - (13)
                         Not impressed. - (admin) - (5)
                             You still don't get it - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                                 No, I get it just fine. - (admin) - (3)
                                     Been there before - maintenance Hell - not going back -NT - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                         Your experience differs from mine. -NT - (admin) - (1)
                                             Apparently so -NT - (tuberculosis)
                         Builder pattern... :-O - (static) - (1)
                             Two things - (tuberculosis)
                         Oi! Even if your screen is six foot wide, not everyone's is! - (CRConrad) - (4)
                             Do you have a 1886 Volvo CRT, too? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 El Cheapo older(ish) HP laptop, 1024 x 768 I think. - (CRConrad)
                             Yah sure - done -NT - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                 Great, Thanks. -NT - (CRConrad)
                 Document generation in code - (ubernostrum)
             Thanks. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                 If you only saw half you missed the best parts. :-) - (admin) - (8)
                     What was at the end? - (drewk) - (1)
                         He built an actual application with each. - (admin)
                     Re: If you only saw half you missed the best parts. :-) - (ubernostrum) - (5)
                         Django newforms... - (admin) - (4)
                             Re: Django newforms... - (ubernostrum) - (3)
                                 Good deal. - (admin) - (2)
                                     Yeah. - (ubernostrum) - (1)
                                         I don't use the admin stuff - (admin)
         He needed to investigate integration - (warmachine) - (2)
             Depends on what you're doing - (admin) - (1)
                 I have back-ends - (warmachine)

GAWD have these people never used SOFTWARE before!!!!!!!!!!
87 ms