IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Financial, or environmental?
There's a push for a coal-fired desalination plant in Sydney - though generally it seems it's only the politicains pushing it. The general populace feels that it's very much a wrong-hdeaded solution. (no, can't be arsed finding real numbers to back this up).

I think the govt recently reduced the incentives for households to get their own rainwater tanks, which beggars belief.

From this I can only conclude that the State Government must have close ties to companies that build coal-fired desalination plants :)
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New Oh, they do.
Heard it on the radio yesterday that the coal industry has not only had lobbyists in Canberra for decades, but they are former public servants. And they brag to each other about how they write policy. They, quite simply, have access to the halls of power that no-one else has. And the other groups trying to lobby for more environmental approaches have discovered this are starting to cry foul.

More: the voting public is getting sick of it, too. The Howard government may have to choose, soon, between the coal industry and the voting public. I know if they piss off the voters enough, they lose government, but I'm not sure what would happen if they push the coal industry out of Canberra. Or even if they can do it at all in eight months.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

· my ·
· [link|http://staticsan.livejournal.com/|blog] ·
· [link|http://yceran.org/|website] ·

Australian Drought reaches disaster levels - (JayMehaffey) - (13)
         Sounds like a diet of kangaroo coming soon . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             There was an article on the Science Show this morning. - (static)
             (dup - ignore) -NT - (static)
         kinda dumb innit? - (boxley) - (4)
             Yeah, we Las Vegians would never do something That stupid - (Ashton) - (1)
                 dustbowl 2 coming right up, may have front row seats - (boxley)
             ObSentientLRPD points out: "History shows again and again... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Go Go Godzilla! - (jake123)
         Anyone know the cost of a de-salinization plant? - (lincoln) - (4)
             Financial, or environmental? - (Meerkat) - (1)
                 Oh, they do. - (static)
             Going on here in Texas - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                 Another way to do unit conversions. - (Another Scott)

It's a lot less messy in here when Karsten's absent...
79 ms