IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New there was a reason that punch wasnt called
because if they did, the penguins who started to fuckup the guy who did it would have had to go as well. The refs did it right and allowed hockey manners to sort it out.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Hmmm
Thanks for explaining that...

I thought anything that looked like a deliberate punch to aim and hurt was not allowed. Did that change in the new rules, or are you saying it still isn't really allowed to hit the player with a closed fist, but because two other players fought over it that's why it was left uncalled?

I seem to remember something in the hockey rules that a closed fist used to hit another player was a no no.

Would it have been a different scenario if the punch had truly injured Crosby? Maybe that was the difference?

I'm still trying to grasp the new hockey rules, and I barely had a grasp of the old ones! ;)

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New unwritten rule, its still illegal to punch or retaliate
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     pitsburg/sen holding call with 23sec left in 2nd, bogus - (boxley) - (4)
         Penguins, Senators Game 4, right? - (Nightowl) - (3)
             there was a reason that punch wasnt called - (boxley) - (2)
                 Hmmm - (Nightowl) - (1)
                     unwritten rule, its still illegal to punch or retaliate -NT - (boxley)

More aluminum-magnesium batons than you can shake a leg at.
65 ms