IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New a little mail fraud in the night
So I get home this evening to a letter from "Credit Solutions, LLC," doing business out of a PO Box in Metairie LA (although the letter is mailed from nearby Concord CA—perhaps there is some incentive not to have these things cross a state line?), and these good folks are nothing if not reasonable:
RE: International Masters Publishers
Media Title: Aircraft of the World
File No: (file number)
Outstanding Balance: $28.37

This letter is to inform you that Credit Solutions LLC recently purchased your International Masters Publishers Account titled "Aircraft of the World." We would like to offer you an opportunity to resolve your account. You can do so by choosing one of the following options:

1) Pay $22.70 in full satisfaction of your account; or
2) Make 3 consecutive monthly payments of $9.46 for satisfaction of your account; or
3) Call our office at 1-800-897-6090 to discuss other posssible arrangements; or
4) Dispute the validity of this debt or any portion thereof per the terms given at the bottom of this letter...
Savor with me the subtleties of this approach: The sum at isssue is negligible: $28.37. And look! If I just pay them $22.70 now, they won't bother me again. And oh dear, look at the bottom of the letter: summary judgment...negative credit report...

Of course, I've never done business with "International Masters Publishers," never purchased anything called "Aircraft of the World," have never until now been dunned for payment on this subject. My first thought was "identity theft," but I'm more inclined to think "mail scam" (a cursory Google search turns up a few tantalizing instances of puzzled consumers being dunned by "International Masters Publishers" or agents thereof). Just to cover myself I'm sending them a "piss off and die" letter, but I'm also forwarding a photocopy of their notice to the Postal Inspection Service's Criminal Investigations Service Center in Chicago. Anyone else run into this sort of thing?

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New on the business level, not personal
used to get via mail small boxes of monitor wipes that I never ordered or would order and impassioned calls from "collectors" wondering why I didnt pay the $485.00 bill. Unsolicited material pal. I know of other places that would get innocuous bills for goods never received, I imagine quit a few got paid.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Take it in to your local post office for possible mail fraud
It will be investigated. USPS takes that stuff seriously. However, since they remained local, might not rise to the top of the heap for a while.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Re: a little mail fraud in the night
I recieved a similar letter in the mail on April 20th and I live in Nebraska. Mine is for Easy Everyday Cooking though. I called USPS and I am waiting for them to return my call. Have you found anything out?
New Welcome
Been lurking a while?
     a little mail fraud in the night - (rcareaga) - (4)
         on the business level, not personal - (boxley)
         Take it in to your local post office for possible mail fraud - (jbrabeck)
         Re: a little mail fraud in the night - (wdudek) - (1)
             Welcome - (crazy)

OK, my response to that is pending a Google search.
35 ms