... it it makes it look like I plaguerized him.
(in actuality I just ran across it 5 minutes again so I can blame it on the 100th monkey phenomenon.)
[link|http://www.osopinion.com/perl/story/12097.html|
Ayn Rand Comes Full Circle - at Microsoft]
Contributed by Tom Nadeau
osOpinion.com
July 19, 2001

When Microsoft executives dictate that a rival product must die, they rig their operating system code to disable the rival product's access to vital operating system functions.

The socioeconomic theory that Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) claims to espouse is similar to Ayn Rand's implementation of "Objectivism" -- the idea that individual thought and creativity ought to be rewarded and unrestricted.

However, Microsoft has brought this theory full circle. What was once considered noble and heroic has become oppressive and contemptible, even corrupt.
This is what Microsoft realizes. Its greatest fear is not government regulation or breakup, but rather the "danger" that the superior technologies like Unix, Linux, OS/2 Warp, BeOS and Novell will someday obliterate Microsoft's pitiful, botched products from the marketplace.

So the slick characters at the company's top decided to play the victim's role, pretending that the government was "out to get them." In reality, the illegal monopolists were out to prevent progress and innovation from "getting them."

Bitter Truth

The harsh, cold reality? Microsoft's illegal monopoly has ruined more great products, impoverished more genius innovators, and sponsored more smear campaigns than all the governments since the beginning of time.

And the governments cannot realistically be counted on to properly punish the convicted felons (the Sherman Antitrust Act calls convicted monopolists felons) at Microsoft, because Microsoft products have become a huge cancerous growth in the infrastructure of government agencies.
Preventing superior alternatives from accessing capital, distribution, and media attention is not only practiced by oppressive governments, but by oppressive totalitarian commercial regimes as well.