IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes, by all means.
Let's give billionaire owners millions more so they can house their modern day Amos and Andy's nicely. Please. You're going to defend polarizing yet more wealth up? Please.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New ?
Out of all the sports ownership, at least Paul Allen put alot of his own money where his mouth was.

And it wasn't sports that made him his billions. Blame Bill Gates.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Some owners do put a lot in
so why can't the rest?

PacBell/SBC/AT&T Park (SF Giants) is privately financed, with $20,000,000/year mortgage payments.

If the 49ers stadium ever gets built in SF or SC, it will be mostly or completely privately funded.

If the A's stadium in Fremont ever gets built, it will be 100% privately funded.

Besides, Beep said "not as bad as you think" - he didn't say it was a good deal. Frankly, I want to know how you spend $500 million on a basketball arena (that seats <20,000) - that's about enough to build a deluxe football stadium (~70,000) or baseball park (~40,000).

--Tony
     Don't let the door smack your butt on the way out! - (inthane-chan) - (10)
         You know you collect taxes on their salaries - (bepatient) - (9)
             Yes, by all means. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 ? - (bepatient)
                 Some owners do put a lot in - (tonytib)
             No state income tax. - (inthane-chan) - (5)
                 Only baseball has an antitrust exemption -NT - (tonytib) - (4)
                     I did not know that. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                         Go read my other comment - (tonytib) - (2)
                             Then we're almost in agreement. - (inthane-chan)
                             Indianpolis residents are ponying up $142 million. - (mmoffitt)